Bullnose Forums

Newer Style Master Cylinder Swap

Machspeed

Test fitted the line fittings today to confirm that they were the correct threads. They are! Also noted that I have enough brake line such that the required location change will not be an issue. I think I can put this sucker in and make it look factory!

Yippee! You are now in the same boat as I - you'll need to keep a list of all the "upgrades" so when someone has to go to the part store they can get the right part. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Test fitted the line fittings today to confirm that they were the correct threads. They are! Also noted that I have enough brake line such that the required location change will not be an issue. I think I can put this sucker in and make it look factory!

Cool. It's a very worthwhile swap in my opinion.

Glad it's worked out for you, John! :nabble_anim_claps:

• 3 weeks later...

Yippee! You are now in the same boat as I - you'll need to keep a list of all the "upgrades" so when someone has to go to the part store they can get the right part. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Replaced both the brake booster and upgraded the master cylinder. With my factory lines, it was a direct bolt on with absolutely no modifications required. Only change I had to make was a small adjustment to the booster rod which is very important! I'll be doing a full right up on it soon.

Didn't like the nasty looking booster so pulled it and attempted to clean it up and repaint. It was badly pitted and I struggled to remove the old paint. I also think it was a source for a vacuum leak so I decided to replace it too. But, the paint on the new booster was garbage so I prepped it and sprayed it with two coats of my favorite epoxy. I still need to bleed the system, but that won't happen until I get a few other things done.

Upgraded_MC_1.thumb.jpg.f9c37d7a56a114232ffac2e9f519b79f.jpg

Upgraded_MC_2.thumb.jpg.0190ac148e66de7043f24a6487227850.jpg

Replaced both the brake booster and upgraded the master cylinder. With my factory lines, it was a direct bolt on with absolutely no modifications required. Only change I had to make was a small adjustment to the booster rod which is very important! I'll be doing a full right up on it soon.

Didn't like the nasty looking booster so pulled it and attempted to clean it up and repaint. It was badly pitted and I struggled to remove the old paint. I also think it was a source for a vacuum leak so I decided to replace it too. But, the paint on the new booster was garbage so I prepped it and sprayed it with two coats of my favorite epoxy. I still need to bleed the system, but that won't happen until I get a few other things done.

But bleeding will be easy!

On the rod, did you read the writeup on Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Master Cyls & Booster tab and then the Push Rod Adjustment tab? That adjustment is critical.

But bleeding will be easy!

On the rod, did you read the writeup on Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Master Cyls & Booster tab and then the Push Rod Adjustment tab? That adjustment is critical.

Yes, watched a couple videos too!

I had to adjust the rod out on mine a little bit as well when I installed the aluminum master.

Looks great!

What is that thing tucked behind the speed control unit?