Bullnose Forum

Newer Style Master Cylinder Swap

Machspeed

Which pigtail fits the BRMC63?

I don’t know if you can buy it or not. I don’t see it on Rock Auto. I grabbed a couple at the junkyard, one to install and a second for a spare. There are three wires, common and n/o and n/c. I have mine set up so that the low fluid level will make my Brake light come on.

Which pigtail fits the BRMC63?

I don’t know if you can buy it or not. I don’t see it on Rock Auto. I grabbed a couple at the junkyard, one to install and a second for a spare. There are three wires, common and n/o and n/c. I have mine set up so that the low fluid level will make my Brake light come on.

Cory, if you can find an engineering number we might match it up to the Motorcraft wiring pigtail catalog.

There is one similar to that in the catalogue.

I can't say for sure.

I really need to dig in to the parts catalogue, and that's a challenge on my phone.

Digging a little deeper I find that Motorcraft Wiring Pigtail #'s WPT1001 and WPT446 seem the same and are used for many things.

Inertia switch connector, automatic temperature control, tailgate lock, brake warning switch, ect..

In the aftermarket we find:

Dorman 645-920

Auveco 23180

Carpak 96-7552

Wells 870

Airtex 1P502

AutoZone 1P1502

Carquest 57-5283

Digging a little deeper I find that Motorcraft Wiring Pigtail #'s WPT1001 and WPT446 seem the same and are used for many things.

Inertia switch connector, automatic temperature control, tailgate lock, brake warning switch, ect..

Dorman 645-920

Auveco 23180

Carpak 96-7552

Wells 870

Airtex 1P502

AutoZone 1P1502

Carquest 57-5283

Well ain't that cool. Very good to know Jim.

Dorman 645-920

Auveco 23180

Carpak 96-7552

Wells 870

Airtex 1P502

AutoZone 1P1502

Carquest 57-5283

Well ain't that cool. Very good to know Jim.

Deleted my last post because my email didn't show the above posts with the same info I just wasted time finding. Sorry people.

Thanks for your help. I'm now going shopping...

• 7 months later...

Deleted my last post because my email didn't show the above posts with the same info I just wasted time finding. Sorry people.

Thanks for your help. I'm now going shopping...

I picked up a master cylinder @ upull off a 93 F100 with a 1 1/8" bore, the BRMC 63 is 1 1/16".

Will the difference make braking harder, or easier, or will you be able to tell the difference?

Thanks, Bill

I picked up a master cylinder @ upull off a 93 F100 with a 1 1/8" bore, the BRMC 63 is 1 1/16".

Will the difference make braking harder, or easier, or will you be able to tell the difference?

Thanks, Bill

Not sure what "BRMC 63" means, but a larger bore means more volume but less pressure. So I think you'll have to press down harder to get the same stopping results.