Bullnose Forums

Some Time Off For Christmas, What Will I Do!

Machspeed

But I love this pig because I can see, smell, hear or feel what's gone wrong and fix it with a hammer, piece of wire or duct tape.

I remember a guy talking about an old Jeep with no gauges one time...he said if the engine starts to tap, then it needs oil. If steam starts to blow it's too hot, and if it won't start then it is not charging...lol. Who needs gauges? Ha.:nabble_smiley_grin:

STRANGE_gdg_2.jpg.7fd064c5fed8de355d15f4844b8c2aa4.jpgGauges are for tourists :nabble_anim_claps:

Gauges are for tourists :nabble_anim_claps:

ha!

I wish I could say I agree but I have overheated an engine before from not checking the gauges. I installed my own temp gauge and it was wired to a switched circuit. It had been running fine for weeks so I got into the habit of not switching the gauge on. And one day I was driving home from work and noticed some white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Flipped the switch and guess what: it was buried deep in the red.

Now, this was a truck I'd only had a couple months so I wasn't too surprised..

ha!

I wish I could say I agree but I have overheated an engine before from not checking the gauges. I installed my own temp gauge and it was wired to a switched circuit. It had been running fine for weeks so I got into the habit of not switching the gauge on. And one day I was driving home from work and noticed some white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Flipped the switch and guess what: it was buried deep in the red.

Now, this was a truck I'd only had a couple months so I wasn't too surprised..

Ufff, that's too bad. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Hard lesson, but lesson learned.

Nothing on my truck to be honest. Doing a bunch to my '56 how ever. Trying to locate a NOS flasher unit as my parts and illustration guide gives me a part number for the 1962 revised number and I bought a pair of those they flash a little too fast in my opinion and the first 5 flashes are very weird like the flasher is trying to warm up. Nothing like the old HD Ideal flasher that went out on me at my christmas party at work.

Aside from that I am now having to put work on any of my vehicles off and try to get a hold of this builder that is doing the house next to me as this is now the second time they knocked my wood fence down in the same exact spot and I refuse to spend my own money a second time and do the work a second time when they knocked it down twice with their stupid bob cat. Sucks for me cause my dogs cant go out because there is no fence to keep them in fully and they are upset just as much as I am over this.

On a side note, I cant say that I ever seen a flasher though fail where you dont even get a light up. Every flasher Ive seen fail would light up left or right but wouldnt flash as the flasher element failed. This one wouldnt light up left or right like it was no power.