Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas! I have first-turn starts most of the time, am crowding 12 MPG, and the steering is pretty good. Guess I'm "there"!

Seriously though, I hope all of you have a wonderful time, even if you can't be with family. (We are celebrating via Zoom today.) :nabble_smiley_good:

Merry Christmas!

Starts good, tach works, drives straight, but I didn’t realize MPG came in two numbers!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas!

Starts good, tach works, drives straight, but I didn’t realize MPG came in two numbers!

Dane, as in two digits? Darth always got right at 10 with the C6 except when towing the 5th wheel. He has gotten as high as 12.5 running 70 on I-70 going to my son's house in WV from the Eastern Shore.

On a Christmas note, here are some pictures, first Darth a number of years ago set up for towing a float in the Hampton VA Holly Days parade:

Rudolph1a.thumb.jpg.163dcf1d848d25ed075a7904b5ae27f7.jpg

Then some items wife got for me for Christmas:

DSCN4333.thumb.jpg.b0b5516125bda11109a8e38bfe7120b7.jpg

Dane, as in two digits? Darth always got right at 10 with the C6 except when towing the 5th wheel. He has gotten as high as 12.5 running 70 on I-70 going to my son's house in WV from the Eastern Shore.

On a Christmas note, here are some pictures, first Darth a number of years ago set up for towing a float in the Hampton VA Holly Days parade:

Bill - trucks looks great all decked out :nabble_smiley_good:

Those look really neat but what are they?

“Dane, as in two digits?”. Yes my attempt at humor. I mostly drive around town, not much highway driving.

It was around 7 when I quit checking. Worse running around in snow and ice in town!

I have to make the occasional 500 mile round trip, may take the truck one time for giggles.

Edit: Darth looks good!

I've seen plenty of cars with caribou antlers but never a pair as massive as that!

Well done, Bill. :nabble_anim_claps:

I actually didn't do it, couple across the street in Newport News had a daughter a month older than my granddaughter. She was a member of a cheer squad and they wanted to do a float for the parade. He borrowed a low boy from his landlord and then realized he had nothing to pull it with. He borrowed Darth, borrowed a pintle hook from a friend of mine who owns a trailer and equipment company.

He took my 5th wheel air deflector apart and mounted the antlers to the frame. A borrowed (from his landlord) generator in Darth's bed ran the lights and a turntable on the float. Their son rode in the back seat and someone older rode in the bed to tend the generator. The sign on the bumper was the name of the cheering squad.

They were unit #60 and took first prize.