Bullnose Forums

1985 F-150 Estate Sale Find - "Buried Treasure"

Jonhasemail

Thanks so much for the valve info! I think in the meantime I am going to try to solve the chirp issue (look at those belts) along with getting some exhaust manifolds ordered. Even without the mystery sounds solved, having an exhaust manifold held together with effectively twist tie's doesn't seem like a good long term plan.

It looks to me like the wire is holding the shroud for the hot air to the air cleaner. In other words, I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the manifold itself. Or am I missing something?

It looks to me like the wire is holding the shroud for the hot air to the air cleaner. In other words, I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the manifold itself. Or am I missing something?

I agree with Gary, in that the bailing wire was just to hold the heat riser on for the air cleaner snorkel.

As for tin valve covers, im a big advocate of gluing the gaskets to the tin and having them come away from the head with the valve cover.

Of course, I now have cast valve covers and silicone gaskets that shouldn't ever need replacing....