Bullnose Forums

Floor Pan Heat/Sound Deadener

Machspeed

So I ordered the Lizzard Skin product, prepped my interior to spray it, including taping and masking, and waited for the product to come in. The product I ordered was their application kit, 1 Gal ceramic coating and 1 Gal sound deadening. That was not what I received through the distributor I ordered from. In discussion through chat, as I could not get anyone on a phone, it became somewhat argumentative about what I ordered. Moreover, I was not happy that I had to pay to send the stuff back. In the end, payed to have it sent back for refund. Indeed, it is expensive and after this experience, I may go a different route on my Mustang.

So, looking at tanman's post above, web surfing and watching a couple Youtube vids, I took his route and went with the Kilmat. I was initially concerned about rust and the entrapment of water but I put down three coats of epoxy primer so I think I'm good there. The Kilmat is on order as I type this. I'll post when the Kilmat is installed!

That's a darn shame John!

Over a month later, and having put all that prep into the cab floor (and the $ into misrepresented product) I'd be ready to scream.

And, we DO have a place to do it! In the 'Vendors Rating' topic. :nabble_smiley_good:

Just state the facts. Hell, post the chat-log! THAT should be interesting. 😱

So nothing slanderous, but put it out there so someone else doesn't get burned. 🔥

That's a darn shame John!

Over a month later, and having put all that prep into the cab floor (and the $ into misrepresented product) I'd be ready to scream.

And, we DO have a place to do it! In the 'Vendors Rating' topic. :nabble_smiley_good:

Just state the facts. Hell, post the chat-log! THAT should be interesting. 😱

So nothing slanderous, but put it out there so someone else doesn't get burned. 🔥

John - That is a shame. As Jim suggested, write a review. But I think you will be happy with the Kilmat.

That looks good. Too bad about the Lizzard products and support.

Gentlemen, to be clear, I did not order through Lizzard Skin rather another outfit I've made several thousand dollars worth of purchases through for my Mustang. I've never had issue with them, though I have read some things from others. Ultimately, I could not disprove what they were saying but I do think someone entered some bad information on their end of the computer. Of course, it had changed when I went back to review it. I'll survive the $30 return fees but it did irritate me. We'll see how the Kilmat goes. Much cheaper. The Lizzard Skin was $400. Kilmat, less than $100.

Thanks for the support, fellas!

That looks good. Too bad about the Lizzard products and support.

Gentlemen, to be clear, I did not order through Lizzard Skin rather another outfit I've made several thousand dollars worth of purchases through for my Mustang. I've never had issue with them, though I have read some things from others. Ultimately, I could not disprove what they were saying but I do think someone entered some bad information on their end of the computer. Of course, it had changed when I went back to review it. I'll survive the $30 return fees but it did irritate me. We'll see how the Kilmat goes. Much cheaper. The Lizzard Skin was $400. Kilmat, less than $100.

Thanks for the support, fellas!

When I had the interior out of Darth, first I found that I had a number of holes in the front footwell areas so those needed repairing. A co-worker (fellow lab rat) at NNS was building a retirement home in Charlotte County VA and had a bunch of left over thermal barrier. Since the biggest issue with the 460 is the amount of exhaust heat that penetrates past the factory heat shields I figured it couldn't hurt. I cut and laid sections in both front footwells, but on the passenger side, I ran a roughly 18" wide strip from the bottom of the toe board all the way back to just under the front of the rear seat. This was on top of the existing insulation Ford had there. I ran a strip across the rear foot area also.

IMGP1120.thumb.jpg.e0d92cc09572172beba1a336c1a87006.jpg

IMGP1121.thumb.jpg.0c61f884cd8d4f5ff177ec5a1639c4b4.jpg

IMGP1122.thumb.jpg.ac9c9f6f467d84fc38cb5c3212e43eef.jpg

IMGP1123.thumb.jpg.cd67e2119af10f756339ab053c8cf8b1.jpg

As far as noise reduction, two things (a) replaced the door weather strip with the ones off the 1996 wrecked crew cab at Pete's (b) used the front door panels and rear doors from the same truck. The later door panels have a 3/8" thick sound deadening pad on them. End result, at highway speeds Darth is pretty quiet inside. If I open the front windows coming through one of the tunnels, the exhaust has a nice deep sound reflacting off the walls.