Bullnose Forums

Map Pockets

Machspeed

I would buy a used set of bricknose map pockets long before I ever bought those Coverlay versions. The Bricknose map pockets seem to be much more durable than the older versions as they seem to have more elasticity.

Those look great, Shaun. What years do the Bricknose trucks extend through...87 thru?

Thanks for the continued input, fellas!

Those look great, Shaun. What years do the Bricknose trucks extend through...87 thru?

Thanks for the continued input, fellas!

I think I'm liking the Bricknose map pockets. There is a grille, speaker grill???, aft of the panel. Is that a replaceable component? I see them on ebay and many have damaged grills.

Looks like I may have to drill some holes to add that panel as well? Upper screws hidden by the door panel?

I think I'm liking the Bricknose map pockets. There is a grille, speaker grill???, aft of the panel. Is that a replaceable component? I see them on ebay and many have damaged grills.

Looks like I may have to drill some holes to add that panel as well? Upper screws hidden by the door panel?

I think that grille is actually a vent. I tend to remember that they vented the door to make it easier to shut them. Or, maybe that's just what I've heard.

But you wouldn't need to do anything to your door just because of that grille.

I think that grille is actually a vent. I tend to remember that they vented the door to make it easier to shut them. Or, maybe that's just what I've heard.

They vented the doors so you don't blow the windshield out slamming them.

(I've still done that)

Remember, we don't have any open kick vents.

Yeah, not concerned about modding my door for the fit really, rather getting new grilles as a set I'm looking at have a couple of damaged louvers in the grille. Wondering if those grilles are available and how easy to replace?

Thanks for the knowledge on their purpose....was thinking speaker grille???

Yeah, not concerned about modding my door for the fit really, rather getting new grilles as a set I'm looking at have a couple of damaged louvers in the grille. Wondering if those grilles are available and how easy to replace?

Thanks for the knowledge on their purpose....was thinking speaker grille???

Speaker firing at the side of the seat isn't the best for fidelity.

Bricknose have a small round speaker in the door panels up near the dash, and premium sound ones have speakers in the cab corners of the B-column plastic covers.

Bricknose have a small round speaker in the door panels up near the dash, and premium sound ones have speakers in the cab corners of the B-column plastic covers.

I can take a picture of my passenger side.

It doesn't have a pocket, just the louvers showing.

Yes, good point Jim....lol!

I just ordered a set of bricknose map pockets off ebay in dark gray: https://www.ebay.com/itm/87-91-Ford-Truck-Bronco-DOOR-PANEL-Map-Pockets-Dk-Gray-OEM-Pair/174406604564?hash=item289b719714:g:teQAAOSw6aRfQzhQ&autorefresh=true

My interior is med gray which I will keep. I'm replacing the med gray rubber mat with Essex Dark Gray carpet and the above ordered map pockets which are also dark gray so I will have a somewhat two tone gray interior when I'm done. The current all med gray look is kinda bland actually. Think this will give it some pop!

Hey Shaun, thanks for the suggestion. I liked the look and the cost much better than that which I was looking at.

Thanks fellas!

Yes, good point Jim....lol!

I just ordered a set of bricknose map pockets off ebay in dark gray: https://www.ebay.com/itm/87-91-Ford-Truck-Bronco-DOOR-PANEL-Map-Pockets-Dk-Gray-OEM-Pair/174406604564?hash=item289b719714:g:teQAAOSw6aRfQzhQ&autorefresh=true

My interior is med gray which I will keep. I'm replacing the med gray rubber mat with Essex Dark Gray carpet and the above ordered map pockets which are also dark gray so I will have a somewhat two tone gray interior when I'm done. The current all med gray look is kinda bland actually. Think this will give it some pop!

Hey Shaun, thanks for the suggestion. I liked the look and the cost much better than that which I was looking at.

Thanks fellas!

I think you'll like those, John. I thought about going that way on Big Blue but decided that the existing carpet pockets will do for the time being. But, I don't want larger things stored in them as I'm pretty sure the elastic will let go.

Anyway, show us pics when you get them installed. I may follow your lead.