Bullnose Forums

Radiator core support removal.

That's good advice on the bolts. They appear in good condition. To be on the safe side i will a soak them in Kroil for a day or two. Will i have to spread the fenders apart some and pull straight up on the support to remove it?

You might have to pry on the fenders a little bit, but the core support should tilt forward. The holes in the core support where the bolts pass through are huge to allow for body alignment.

Fused is more like it :nabble_smiley_wink:

I destroyed one of mine taking it out so when reinstalling it from a parts truck I was liberal with the anti-seize and then packed the "funnel" with grease.

Destroying them is the only way to remove them here...lol, but then again a lot of things don't "unscrew" here after a few years, and certainly not after 35-40 years.

If you have the place to hang a chain block above the engine bay, there is no real need to remove the complete radiator support. With the fan, alternator and steering pump removed there is plenty of space to remove the engine, even without removing the radiator. Hood has to come off. All possible to do alone, as I did mine in October.IMG_4886.jpg.b30fba77d67307502999b38af1c9b5a5.jpgIMG_4887.jpg.47971064ac35f3da2a65d7f7dc79aa36.jpgIMG_4938.jpg.c596ca33b1eebd087f404ab415c138ad.jpg