Bullnose Forums

Hello from Alberta

Gregsbf

Hey I've lurked here in the past. I decided I'd join in from time to time if that's OK?

I learned to drive in my dad's 84 f150 and fell in love with that truck. After years on the farm and my brother and I having many adventures in it it was in a rough state. In April 2000 I found a similar 86 f150 and haven't looked back. It's lovingly known in my house as "the classic".

Cheers

Greg

Greetings from the Maritimes Greg! What part of Alberta are you in? I lived in Calgary for a couple years back in the mid-1990's. I still have a lot of family out there and my little brother is in Edmonton.

Is it gettin' cold out there yet? I just saw a guy in Saskatchewan posting on FB saying it has already hit -30C there.

Nice truck by the way, and welcome aboard.

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Nice looking truck. Hope you start a thread on its "journey" so we can follow along.

As for joining in from time to time, sure! But don't be a stranger as we like to get to now people.

So, you live where our "clippers" come from. Those Alberta Clippers sure do bring a lot of cold down here. Must be everywhere up there!

Have you seen our map? Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above. We could add you if we had a city.

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Nice looking truck. Hope you start a thread on its "journey" so we can follow along.

As for joining in from time to time, sure! But don't be a stranger as we like to get to now people.

So, you live where our "clippers" come from. Those Alberta Clippers sure do bring a lot of cold down here. Must be everywhere up there!

Have you seen our map? Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above. We could add you if we had a city.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm from lethbridge area. I'll be sure to check the map and add myself.

Weather has been pretty good here yet. We do get some pretty big weather swings though. Warm 'Chinook' winds almost as often as the cold ones. This year has been mostly warmer but we've had a couple cold spells already.

I actually have been driving the truck a bit since I'm trying to get a new engine dialed in. I did a few tweaks to the original 5.8 over the years, but I just finished getting a 408w in there which should be fun.

It is an unusual truck though. I once found a vin decoder and it shouldn't have been built according to that. It's also a very late build date. October I think? And I've found a few odd things too. Like the charging system and alternator was 87 spec. Oh well I love my classic either way. Lol

Greg

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm from lethbridge area. I'll be sure to check the map and add myself.

Weather has been pretty good here yet. We do get some pretty big weather swings though. Warm 'Chinook' winds almost as often as the cold ones. This year has been mostly warmer but we've had a couple cold spells already.

I actually have been driving the truck a bit since I'm trying to get a new engine dialed in. I did a few tweaks to the original 5.8 over the years, but I just finished getting a 408w in there which should be fun.

It is an unusual truck though. I once found a vin decoder and it shouldn't have been built according to that. It's also a very late build date. October I think? And I've found a few odd things too. Like the charging system and alternator was 87 spec. Oh well I love my classic either way. Lol

Greg

Greg, I can say be careful of that 2G regulator plug with an '87 spec alternator.

They are a known point of failure and many of us have gone to the later 3rd Generation alternator, not only for more output and better charging at idle, but to avoid the chance of fire.

Greg,

Is it a Canadian built truck, or US? We've seen the odd '86 with late build dates. I've seen a couple with October build dates, and I've heard reports of November'86 build dates, but have not personally seen those ones. I'd imagine that with the model changeover some of the plants were later than others in switching over.

I'm rebuilding a 1980 that has a very early build date (Sept '79) so our trucks are about as far apart in age as a pair of Bullnoses can get.

I went to a car show in Lethbridge one time back when I was living in Calgary 25 years ago. I don't remember much about it...we were just in and right back out in the same afternoon.