Bullnose Forums

NEW 85' from NC Member!

Jonhasemail

Hey, good to have ya with us! Truck looks like it needs just a little TLC. Body looks straight with no obvious rust in the suspect places and interior remarkably clean. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thanks Machspeed, Fuzzface2, ArdWrknTrk, and grumpin for the welcome!

Hi Gary, Thanks for the warm welcome!

We're located in 27312 on the border between Chatham/Orange Counties near Chapel Hill.

I will plan to start up a thread on the Projects page, my wife and twin three year boys will be a part of this project as well.

Plans for now are to just get her cleaned up, change all the fluids, etc. We've heard that she's been sitting for about 8 years or so, before that she was driven daily by the prior owner. So she'll need some elbow grease/patience before she's ready to get fired up again. Outside of that, not sure at this point for future plans other than reading up on this forum/materials.

Pittsboro? You are now on the map. Check it out.

As for the family, that sounds like a wonderful project! I look forward to following that one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looking forward to the progress on the truck and welcome! Just a heads up on a truck that has sat. There’s obviously many gaskets, fluids to replace, services, and tune up to follow. But if you live in a humid climate and the rearend hasn’t rotated in a long time it will rust on the inside. My truck sat for a long time and it rusted so bad it pitted the ring gear. I didn’t know this till I dropped in a new unit a few days ago. The top of the inside of the axle tube will rust as well and if it has an 8.8 check axles themselves where the wheel bearing rides. If it’s pitted it’ll ruin any wheel bearings you put in.

Just something I wanted to mention before I forgot about it. Start a project thread! We want to follow along and help!

Jacob

Thanks Rembrant!

She is a 302 carbed.

Righto! I should have figured that out by the Sept '84 build date. That would make your truck a very early '85 model, and from what I understand the full changeover of the 302 from carb to EFI didn't take place until January or February of 1985.

Send us some pictures of the engine bay when you get a chance. If this truck is as intact as it looks to be, it will likely still have the original feedback carburetor system. A lot of people convert this system back to the previous system with electronic ignition and non-feedback carb.

If you plan on swapping in a 4bbl, then you're doing all of that anyway!!

Hi Gary, Thanks for the warm welcome!

We're located in 27312 on the border between Chatham/Orange Counties near Chapel Hill.

I will plan to start up a thread on the Projects page, my wife and twin three year boys will be a part of this project as well.

Plans for now are to just get her cleaned up, change all the fluids, etc. We've heard that she's been sitting for about 8 years or so, before that she was driven daily by the prior owner. So she'll need some elbow grease/patience before she's ready to get fired up again. Outside of that, not sure at this point for future plans other than reading up on this forum/materials.

I like Pittsboro!

There's a couple of good diners and a pizza place.

Al's, Virlies and Elizabeth's, I believe...

Not far from my brothers place in Siler City on Snow Camp Rd.

I like Pittsboro!

There's a couple of good diners and a pizza place.

Al's, Virlies and Elizabeth's, I believe...

Not far from my brothers place in Siler City on Snow Camp Rd.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice so far! I will be starting a project page shortly.

Lots has happened already this past week - Will update in the project post.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice so far! I will be starting a project page shortly.

Lots has happened already this past week - Will update in the project post.

Looks like a very nice truck. Clean body and interior. You could go pretty well any direction with this truck.

Greg

Looking forward to the progress on the truck and welcome! Just a heads up on a truck that has sat. There’s obviously many gaskets, fluids to replace, services, and tune up to follow. But if you live in a humid climate and the rearend hasn’t rotated in a long time it will rust on the inside. My truck sat for a long time and it rusted so bad it pitted the ring gear. I didn’t know this till I dropped in a new unit a few days ago. The top of the inside of the axle tube will rust as well and if it has an 8.8 check axles themselves where the wheel bearing rides. If it’s pitted it’ll ruin any wheel bearings you put in.

Just something I wanted to mention before I forgot about it. Start a project thread! We want to follow along and help!

Jacob

Thanks for the info Jacob! Looking forward to it!