Bullnose Forums

Lila- 81 F100. Built for her, by her!

Lila_the81Custom

Name is fitting! That purple is gorgeous and it looks like an old Mopar color called InViolet/Plum Purple Crazy. Looking forward to seeing the truck come together. Good to have you!

I think I've seen a similar colour on some of the 'splash' flareside Rangers back in the day.

It really does look deep and get your attention! :nabble_smiley_good:

I think I've seen a similar colour on some of the 'splash' flareside Rangers back in the day.

It really does look deep and get your attention! :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim, wasent there an SVO F150 painted a similar purple? Thats what I thought it was. It dont really matter, it is a pretty color and I cant wait to see it all put back together.

Jim, wasent there an SVO F150 painted a similar purple? Thats what I thought it was. It dont really matter, it is a pretty color and I cant wait to see it all put back together.

There may well be, Steve.

I know there were metallic purple Mustangs, so Ford definitely had a similar color.

But Jaci says it's Audi, and though I lived directly behind a huge Audi dealership and don't remember seeing a purple one, I'm going with that.

It doesn't matter... She likes it, and the truck looks great! :nabble_smiley_cool:

There may well be, Steve.

I know there were metallic purple Mustangs, so Ford definitely had a similar color.

But Jaci says it's Audi, and though I lived directly behind a huge Audi dealership and don't remember seeing a purple one, I'm going with that.

It doesn't matter... She likes it, and the truck looks great! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I was reading the forum and just came across a post by Myrl.

If anyone, he might have an answer to the slip yoke question.

Jaci, Myrl is our resident Ford parts insider. He's spent his career working in dealerships, both in a bay and behind the parts counter.

Angelo Voltura is another possibility. He works for Ford too but isn't old enough to have been working there when these trucks were around.

It's kind of a shame Numberdummy (Bill) has gone offline.

He had encyclopedic knowledge of Ford parts after working the back counter for 38 years.

I guess this is all to say you should make a post in the main forum asking 'Can someone help me find a slip yoke for a 2wd '92 Mazda gearbox?'

Having that info or something similar in the title will get knowledgeable eyes on your predicament.

I guess this is all to say you should make a post in the main forum asking 'Can someone help me find a slip yoke for a 2wd '92 Mazda gearbox?'

I have a spare slip-yoke that I removed from a '96 2wd M5OD if any measurements are required. I'd just have to find it of course. I re-used the slip yoke from my 1984 3-on-the-tree in the M5OD, so it was my assumption that the 2wd slip yokes were mostly all the same, at least among the manual transmissions. The only difference between my 1984 slip-yoke and the later ones from the M5OD's is that my original has a harmonic ring on it. Fitment is the same.

I have a spare slip-yoke that I removed from a '96 2wd M5OD if any measurements are required. I'd just have to find it of course. I re-used the slip yoke from my 1984 3-on-the-tree in the M5OD, so it was my assumption that the 2wd slip yokes were mostly all the same, at least among the manual transmissions. The only difference between my 1984 slip-yoke and the later ones from the M5OD's is that my original has a harmonic ring on it. Fitment is the same.

I'd thought that damper was the key to the proper yoke.

Ya, if you don't need that any 28 spline 1 1/2 OD yoke will fit (with the right length drive shaft.

Be aware too that Ford was notorious for using combination (bastard) U-joints, with 2 caps one size and 2 caps another.

So even that isn't a big problem.

Though it is best to have a normal type.

Ya, if you don't need that any 28 spline 1 1/2 OD yoke will fit (with the right length drive shaft).

One of the part number experts on here would have to confirm, but I believe that damper ring went away in the late 80's or early 1990's. I seem to recall seeing that style slip-yoke on an M5OD from the late 80's, but all of the 2wd M5OD trucks that I've looked at from the mid-90's had this same slip yoke below (which I removed from a 1996 F150). It is 5" long, 1.5" OD, 28 spline.

IMG_3260.jpg.b28684312b488608ee37572eee868aef.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg.caf59ae9907e92513fcd58d8dae745ab.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg.690fa0cffdb782b533966759fb2a4b41.jpg

Ya, if you don't need that any 28 spline 1 1/2 OD yoke will fit (with the right length drive shaft).

One of the part number experts on here would have to confirm, but I believe that damper ring went away in the late 80's or early 1990's. I seem to recall seeing that style slip-yoke on an M5OD from the late 80's, but all of the 2wd M5OD trucks that I've looked at from the mid-90's had this same slip yoke below (which I removed from a 1996 F150). It is 5" long, 1.5" OD, 28 spline.

Which is why I suggested Myrl...

Cory, do you know which U-joints is used in your application?

Which is why I suggested Myrl...

Cory, do you know which U-joints is used in your application?

Moog 354 at transmission end, and Moog 434 at differential end. As far as I knew, they were all the same on 2wd F150's with 1pc driveshaft. The 8.8 in my '84 has the yoke at the differential with the u-bolts or u-straps. Later on they changed this to the press-in style, with a 4-bolt plate that unbolts from the differential.