Bullnose Forums

Greetings From North Carolina!!

Greetings Everyone!

I am the proud owner of a 81' F100 Custom. This is Lila, formerly known as Pearl! She has aptly had her name changed as she is now a gorgeous purple! Pearl.jpg.0dd0211a7893cae8ff9a2dba82b72250.jpg She is in full blown restomod overhaul at the moment. A little backstory-- When my grandfather passed nearly 15 years ago, the only thing I wanted was his 1994 F150, that unfortunately did not happen. Last year we came across "Pearl" and I fell in love instantly as it smelled like my grandfathers truck! My husband, a diesel mechanic, promised me years ago that he would get me my truck.....so hear we are! Lila has proven to be the red-headed step child of the bullnose family, as she is a Frankenstein truck! She has an 81' body, a 91' 302, and a 92' M5OD transmission (I think). Never in my life did I ever think that I would be turning wrenches in my spare time, but Covid hit and I needed something to do! It has now turned into my restoration project with the aid of my very patient husband!

I have a lot of questions I am sure may seem simple to many, but Lila is a difficult breed to find information on! I am looking forward sharing my project with all of you...she is going to be one of a kind!

Welcome Jaci! :nabble_waving_orig:

We have a few members in North Carolina, as you can see on the members map. ( Bullnose Forum at the top left of the page, Members Map in the drop-down)

Gary will be along to ask you if you want to give a zip code to be included.

Lila looks a little forlorn (as Pearl)

We'd all like to share her adventure in your and your husband's care.

Perhaps you could open a new topic in the 'projects' section?

Seems a good way to occupy yourself with the current state of affairs.

And in the end you'll have a cool ride that you can be proud of! :nabble_smiley_cool:

So let us know how we might help.

Feel free to join, or start a new thread in the main section if you need some advice or have some input.

Is there anything in particular you're addressing right now?

You've come to the right place!

Welcome Jaci! :nabble_waving_orig:

We have a few members in North Carolina, as you can see on the members map. ( Bullnose Forum at the top left of the page, Members Map in the drop-down)

Gary will be along to ask you if you want to give a zip code to be included.

Lila looks a little forlorn (as Pearl)

We'd all like to share her adventure in your and your husband's care.

Perhaps you could open a new topic in the 'projects' section?

Seems a good way to occupy yourself with the current state of affairs.

And in the end you'll have a cool ride that you can be proud of! :nabble_smiley_cool:

So let us know how we might help.

Feel free to join, or start a new thread in the main section if you need some advice or have some input.

Is there anything in particular you're addressing right now?

You've come to the right place!

Thank you Jim!

I am working on a project thread right now! I do have many questions, especially in the swapping territory!

I would be happy to share my zip code with Gary!

Thank you Jim!

I am working on a project thread right now! I do have many questions, especially in the swapping territory!

I would be happy to share my zip code with Gary!

It's his forum, he'll be along after dinner I imagine.

You've got a new engine and gearbox, what else are you thinking of?

It's his forum, he'll be along after dinner I imagine.

You've got a new engine and gearbox, what else are you thinking of?

Oh...she has a new everything! Engine and heads spent a few months with the machinist. The only things still "original" on that engine are the valve covers and the oil pan! Upgraded carb and intake, converting drums to discs on rear, replaced AOD for the M5OD, went to true dual exhaust....and I am sure much more I am not thinking of right at this moment!

Oh...she has a new everything! Engine and heads spent a few months with the machinist. The only things still "original" on that engine are the valve covers and the oil pan! Upgraded carb and intake, converting drums to discs on rear, replaced AOD for the M5OD, went to true dual exhaust....and I am sure much more I am not thinking of right at this moment!

Sounds interesting!

I was asking more about what you meant by "swapping territory"

Generally we (here) think a lot about "upgrades"

Power steering and brakes where there were none, high output alternators if you are installing lights or a winch, Hydroboost systems, EFI, that sort of thing.

"Part swapping" is what the brake tech at the dealer does. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

So, do you have a hard and fast plan?

A vision of exactly what you want and expect.

Or is it more organic than that?

Sounds interesting!

Power steering and brakes where there were none, high output alternators if you are installing lights or a winch, Hydroboost systems, EFI, that sort of thing.

"Part swapping" is what the brake tech at the dealer does. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Welcome!

Sounds interesting!

Swapping right now is on brakes lol. Bought a drum to disc conversion kit that was absolutely wrong. So we were just going to do a rear axle swap but are struggling to find a compatible mate. I have been told that early 90's trucks were disc from factory?

We also swapped the automatic transmission for a manual. It came out of a 94 f150 but is stamped as a 92 ranger M5OD. I am having trouble finding the slip yoke for it.

Swapping right now is on brakes lol. Bought a drum to disc conversion kit that was absolutely wrong. So we were just going to do a rear axle swap but are struggling to find a compatible mate. I have been told that early 90's trucks were disc from factory?

We also swapped the automatic transmission for a manual. It came out of a 94 f150 but is stamped as a 92 ranger M5OD. I am having trouble finding the slip yoke for it.

Welcome! Yes, I paused for dinner and a movie with my wife. Anyway, glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

We can put you in the map if you give us the zip or a city. We don't want addresses as we don't want to get that precise and have people show up unexpectedly.

As Jim said, hope you'll start a thread on the whole restomod. I have a "small" one, or two, of those somewhere on here as I like to document everything. GO FOR IT!