Bullnose Forums

Howdy From North Texas

Jmac1773

Hey, everyone! I'm glad I found you guys. I've had some luck on other forums (or their bullnose subforums, more accurately) getting my newbie questions answered but wanted something just for my '86 so I was really excited to finally stumble upon this place today.

I recently bought a 1986 F150 4X4, flareside, with the 300ci six. Below is a pic of her. She runs well, needs some TLC, and new wheels. I hate those wheels.

Anyway, greetings from Rowlett, TX. I look forward to learning from and interacting with you guys!

20201111_121900.thumb.jpg.a8da4e336146274d89ec9873bd347e8c.jpg

Welcome! Glad you found us. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's a good looking truck, so let's get the pic on here where everyone can see it easily.

Rowlett, TX. Want to be on our map? Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Welcome, that's a good looking truck indeed!:nabble_smiley_good:

That's a good looking truck, so let's get the pic on here where everyone can see it easily.

Thanks, Gary! I was doing that on my phone, so that explains my error. LOL!

And yes, feel free to add me to the map.

Glad you've joined! :nabble_waving_orig:

Another 300 Flareside!

Who had any idea these grew on trees? :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

All joking aside, that's a great looking truck.

And while I can't really see enough of the wheels to have an opinion, what is your ideal?

One of our members posted yesterday about a set of Alcoa's he's refinishing.

I think those look sharp on these trucks. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Link

Glad you've joined! :nabble_waving_orig:

Another 300 Flareside!

Who had any idea these grew on trees? :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

All joking aside, that's a great looking truck.

And while I can't really see enough of the wheels to have an opinion, what is your ideal?

One of our members posted yesterday about a set of Alcoa's he's refinishing.

I think those look sharp on these trucks. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Link

Not sure where I want to go with the wheels yet. There is still plenty of tread on the tires so I'll probably wait until it's time to buy tires before doing the wheels.

My goal is to "restore" it as it would have looked with late '80s mild customizations. So, I'm thinking some type of bull bar in the front, roll bar with KC's or something and some type of period-correct custom wheels. It will need paint in a few years (maybe) and I'm thinking of going two-tone but would also love to return it to it's factory color - which was a sort of teal - but I'm also thinking black and silver would look awesome.

The truck is still new to me so I have many things going through my head as to what I want to eventually do.

The engine is sound. Fires right up even after sitting for a few days. The battery tender I recently got for it seems to help a lot with that, too. There is a small oil leak that I can't determine the origin of and I'm fairly certain it's not the original engine. Tach doesn't work - nor does the fuel gauge. Those are priorities over cosmetic items, for sure. The A/C doesn't blow cold etc, etc. Maybe I'll start a new thread with all the questions I have as I'm totally new to old trucks. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Not sure where I want to go with the wheels yet. There is still plenty of tread on the tires so I'll probably wait until it's time to buy tires before doing the wheels.

My goal is to "restore" it as it would have looked with late '80s mild customizations. So, I'm thinking some type of bull bar in the front, roll bar with KC's or something and some type of period-correct custom wheels. It will need paint in a few years (maybe) and I'm thinking of going two-tone but would also love to return it to it's factory color - which was a sort of teal - but I'm also thinking black and silver would look awesome.

The truck is still new to me so I have many things going through my head as to what I want to eventually do.

The engine is sound. Fires right up even after sitting for a few days. The battery tender I recently got for it seems to help a lot with that, too. There is a small oil leak that I can't determine the origin of and I'm fairly certain it's not the original engine. Tach doesn't work - nor does the fuel gauge. Those are priorities over cosmetic items, for sure. The A/C doesn't blow cold etc, etc. Maybe I'll start a new thread with all the questions I have as I'm totally new to old trucks. :nabble_smiley_happy:

And to better answer your question about the wheels....

20201209_102208.jpg.85e91d15ad425c568aee9023be4b0b93.jpg

Gary - Where is this map you speak of? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Gary - Where is this map you speak of? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

At the very top of the page you'll see Bullnose Forum on the left.

In the drop-down there is the members map.