Bullnose Forums

Test Of Embedding A Video

Thanks, Jonathan. I had t tried it on my iPhone X and it doesn’t work on it either. Obviously a poor idea. 😩

Chrome on my android gives me a redirect blocked message saying I can allow if desired. After the forced redirect with no way back that I ran into earlier today on my laptop browser, I have no desire to allow it :nabble_smiley_wink:

Clearly this is NOT the way to embed videos.

Never know if you don't try :nabble_smiley_good: Wonder if google drive would behave the same.

Did you embed it this way?

Embed files directly into your website or blog

Go to the OneDrive website. You might need to sign in with your Microsoft account.

Pick the file you want to embed by selecting the check box in the upper-right corner of the file.

Select Embed at the top of the page, and then choose Generate.

Copy and paste the code into the code of your website or blog.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/embed-files-directly-into-your-website-or-blog-ed07dd52-8bdb-431d-96a5-cbe8a80b7418

Never know if you don't try :nabble_smiley_good: Wonder if google drive would behave the same.

Did you embed it this way?

Embed files directly into your website or blog

Go to the OneDrive website. You might need to sign in with your Microsoft account.

Pick the file you want to embed by selecting the check box in the upper-right corner of the file.

Select Embed at the top of the page, and then choose Generate.

Copy and paste the code into the code of your website or blog.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/embed-files-directly-into-your-website-or-blog-ed07dd52-8bdb-431d-96a5-cbe8a80b7418

Yep, that's exactly how I embedded it. Might work with a little video, if there is such a thing.

I'll copy it to my Google Drive and try that, but I suspect it is the size of the file that's causing the problem.

Here 'tis from the Google Drive:

So tell me, folks, does the Google embed work differently for you? It sure does for me as it doesn't give the white/blank screen. And on my Windows tablet it works perfectly, meaning that it is there when I first pull the post up and plays immediately w/o going to another window.But on my iPhone X it won't play on this page, but if I click the "pop-out" icon in the upper right I'll quickly get a Google page followed by the video to play.

So tell me, folks, does the Google embed work differently for you? It sure does for me as it doesn't give the white/blank screen. And on my Windows tablet it works perfectly, meaning that it is there when I first pull the post up and plays immediately w/o going to another window.

But on my iPhone X it won't play on this page, but if I click the "pop-out" icon in the upper right I'll quickly get a Google page followed by the video to play.

I have no problem playing it -once it loads- in Chrome.

But the lag my just be down to phone bandwidth.

Commuter time is busy time on cell backhauls.

I have no problem playing it -once it loads- in Chrome.

But the lag my just be down to phone bandwidth.

Commuter time is busy time on cell backhauls.

Good to know, Jim. Thanks. Not convinced this is a good way of including a video, but it is better than the Microsoft One Drive way.

What I've been thinking about is the fact that embedding a video means that it really resides elsewhere and you effectively just have a link to it. So if it goes away elsewhere it'll go away here. And it would be nice to have it really reside on the site to ensure it won't go away.

But I've not, yet, found a way.

Good to know, Jim. Thanks. Not convinced this is a good way of including a video, but it is better than the Microsoft One Drive way.

What I've been thinking about is the fact that embedding a video means that it really resides elsewhere and you effectively just have a link to it. So if it goes away elsewhere it'll go away here. And it would be nice to have it really reside on the site to ensure it won't go away.

But I've not, yet, found a way.

On my iPad, I hit play, it loads, and I hit play again and it works fine. The first one was a blank area.