Bullnose Forum

New member with idle issues

MBC1980

When I see cables like that I think it may be black for some distance up inside the sheath.

Couldn't hurt to replace it and clean the connection point.

In my humble opnion, that ground cable is done and should be replaced.

That 16 gauge wire that goes from the ground clamp to the plug is an ignition groundground1.jpg.522418faaf29821869fd998cf74933b1.jpgIf that is dirty or un hooked, it will cause problems.

I cant see it in your picture, but that ground cable is supposed to have a terminal that bolts to the frame, then goes over had hooks up to the side of the engine blockground2.jpg.36870c753c8e7b3e16c014a7a4a498f5.jpg.

The only other thing I see wrong with that ground cable, is that it should be bolted to the side of the engine block just under the exhaust manifold, in front of the motor mount, not to the manifold mounting bolt. The excesicive heat cycles of the manifold degrade the copper in the cable quicker.

In my humble opnion, that ground cable is done and should be replaced.

That 16 gauge wire that goes from the ground clamp to the plug is an ignition groundIf that is dirty or un hooked, it will cause problems.

I cant see it in your picture, but that ground cable is supposed to have a terminal that bolts to the frame, then goes over had hooks up to the side of the engine block.

The only other thing I see wrong with that ground cable, is that it should be bolted to the side of the engine block just under the exhaust manifold, in front of the motor mount, not to the manifold mounting bolt. The excesicive heat cycles of the manifold degrade the copper in the cable quicker.

So I changed out my really bad ground with 2g and a 4g from the block to the hood plate. Then I got codes 18 and 31. I changed out the distributor today and it fixed the 3 year skip and 35 year surge and stall problem. Man today was a good day!

So I changed out my really bad ground with 2g and a 4g from the block to the hood plate. Then I got codes 18 and 31. I changed out the distributor today and it fixed the 3 year skip and 35 year surge and stall problem. Man today was a good day!

Man, that's gotta feel good!

Congratulations! :nabble_anim_jump: