Bullnose Forums

Project Ferdinand

nlongo33

What's on there now, and what's wrong with it?

I can't think of a more basic and reliable V-8 carb than the 2100/2150.

Edit: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/motorcraft-2150.html

that vv carb everybody hates....i think the accelerator pump is bad (again talking to my more knowledgeable friends)...i know nothing when it comes to carbs other than that it meters air and fuel....lol

step on the gas pedal she boggs and wants to stall, lift a bit shes good and ease back into it and all is right in the world as you row through the gears..

also if truck sits for a few days need to prime the carb with a little fuel to get her started...

that vv carb everybody hates....i think the accelerator pump is bad (again talking to my more knowledgeable friends)...i know nothing when it comes to carbs other than that it meters air and fuel....lol

step on the gas pedal she boggs and wants to stall, lift a bit shes good and ease back into it and all is right in the world as you row through the gears..

also if truck sits for a few days need to prime the carb with a little fuel to get her started...

That being the case I'd go with a Motorcraft 2100 or 2150. They should be a direct bolt-on.

That being the case I'd go with a Motorcraft 2100 or 2150. They should be a direct bolt-on.

The 2100 was Autolite Gary.

The Motorcraft 2150 has the same annular boosters but (I think) emulsion tubes.

*all I really know is that it has some metering advantage.

The 1.06" venturi is going to be fine with that displacement.

It should be about 300 CFM.

Bill could probably offer the best advice

The 2100 was Autolite Gary.

The Motorcraft 2150 has the same annular boosters but (I think) emulsion tubes.

*all I really know is that it has some metering advantage.

The 1.06" venturi is going to be fine with that displacement.

It should be about 300 CFM.

Bill could probably offer the best advice

so to be clear since i am a misguided chevy/dodge guy lol.....chinese 2150 knock off is way to go?

thanks for all the advice

I don't know if anyone here has tried the Chinese 2150, but the Chinese YF's work fine. So I'd try one of their 2150's.

sweet, i will make sure boy orders that this week so when truck gets back we can do that and cross one more thing off the check list

sweet, i will make sure boy orders that this week so when truck gets back we can do that and cross one more thing off the check list

No personal experience with this one.

I will say these import carbs need to be flushed of packing oil if that's what the Chinglish instructions say to do.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/buying-cheap-a-carb-from-amazon/

No personal experience with this one.

I will say these import carbs need to be flushed of packing oil if that's what the Chinglish instructions say to do.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/buying-cheap-a-carb-from-amazon/

Just don't use carb or brake cleaner to flush it out unless you take it apart. As Jim knows, there are parts in there that don't like the cleaner fluids. :nabble_smiley_wink: