Bullnose Forums

Project Ferdinand

nlongo33

Man, that looks COLD! (But then it is 25F here with a layer of ice.) So it makes sense to wait. Be careful and don't get the trailer messed up!

IMG_6093.jpg.d5098a87a8953eb15867da728436f690.jpg

truck is home, new hood gets finished painted this morning and installed tonight...boy passed his road test!

so final safety and reliablity checks, and of course wait till salt is off the roads and this old girl is back....

Next friday we are going to work on the bed and get wood squared away and tire rack installed

truck is home, new hood gets finished painted this morning and installed tonight...boy passed his road test!

so final safety and reliablity checks, and of course wait till salt is off the roads and this old girl is back....

Next friday we are going to work on the bed and get wood squared away and tire rack installed

Looking good! And congrat's to your son. Well done!

Doesn't look like much snow on the ground now, so maybe things will clear up soon?

Supposed to be a sleety weekend.

Though he's a bit northwest of me (50-60 miles?)

We are into that "Tease Of Spring" season. After the Deep Freeze it feels like Spring is right around the corner. And apparently the plants & trees agree 'cause the pollen count has taken off. But Mother Nature usually isn't done with us, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

We are into that "Tease Of Spring" season. After the Deep Freeze it feels like Spring is right around the corner. And apparently the plants & trees agree 'cause the pollen count has taken off. But Mother Nature usually isn't done with us, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

yup more snow tonight 1/3" we are seeing the light at end of the tunnel...i feel one more storm and we are done...we have about 8/12" snow pack still on the ground....

yup more snow tonight 1/3" we are seeing the light at end of the tunnel...i feel one more storm and we are done...we have about 8/12" snow pack still on the ground....

Progress over the weekend:

new fuel pump, went electric

new carb

added stripe to fender>>>>going to redo, think i have a better method to match, but first try came out pretty good

hood is done and installed

adjusted shifter

little odds and ends

short 5 mile road test

17469FBA-.jpg.6b75bb5e81792618db296841b273f468.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg.3715da536ae055f2b694693d7b0dab6d.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg.6f5d0135cbe0c46826de871dcb78c9a1.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg.a4d19e97ecfc23e1d3bd1d1600b1198c.jpg

Progress over the weekend:

new fuel pump, went electric

new carb

added stripe to fender>>>>going to redo, think i have a better method to match, but first try came out pretty good

hood is done and installed

adjusted shifter

little odds and ends

short 5 mile road test

Good progress, Nick.

But, I just gotta tell you I think you misunderstood the term "spare tire". :nabble_smiley_cool:

Good progress, Nick.

But, I just gotta tell you I think you misunderstood the term "spare tire". :nabble_smiley_cool:

"spare tire" lol....plan is next summer to road trip his flare side and my dodge to texas, hang with my brother, then go and play in the desert of arizona nevada and california and drive back and then the boy goes to college...great send off of a trip....

can never be too prepared....

"spare tire" lol....plan is next summer to road trip his flare side and my dodge to texas, hang with my brother, then go and play in the desert of arizona nevada and california and drive back and then the boy goes to college...great send off of a trip....

can never be too prepared....

Oh! I'd forgotten about that comment.

Anyway, you are right that you can't be too prepared. And that will be a great sendoff!

• 1 month later...

Oh! I'd forgotten about that comment.

Anyway, you are right that you can't be too prepared. And that will be a great sendoff!

IMG_6298.jpg.2bcf11e9a999374728e4799720137026.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg.9585ab7137e32da9feda545f58d507b1.jpg

IMG_6301.jpg.995dc3bbf0deff176f87b7a012ef6179.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg.350c8f6533e57cfe13e9bba897d5bf0d.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg.0ff39cbbb115056f91f6e3c787a58dea.jpg

all new cross members as well as metal slats..... wood is being milled this week

progress is progress right? little frame repair and reinforcement as well going on with the bed off......

Have a great week :nabble_anim_claps: