Bullnose Forums

Project Ferdinand

nlongo33

Redo the wood how? Why?

And tell me more 'bout the bumper. Not sure I understand "fangs"

with wood, not happy with gaps in "straps" and wood, they are even but id like them to be way tighter... i'm ocd with stuff like that....this will be temporary permanent...not essential, other than to satisfy my ocd

if you look at bumper from rear, with taper, the bed supports hang lower and look like fangs...i will trim them and cap them to match the bumper......and i want to tighten up gap between tailgate and top of bumper for tighter cleaner look....

hope that makes sense?

with wood, not happy with gaps in "straps" and wood, they are even but id like them to be way tighter... i'm ocd with stuff like that....this will be temporary permanent...not essential, other than to satisfy my ocd

if you look at bumper from rear, with taper, the bed supports hang lower and look like fangs...i will trim them and cap them to match the bumper......and i want to tighten up gap between tailgate and top of bumper for tighter cleaner look....

hope that makes sense?

Is it the rear sill with out bumper in place that looks like fangs?

20190915_163012.jpg.5e01205ae95060f8ec4190cb64e56ffe.jpg

Dave ----

by raising bumper it will tighten gap between bumper and tailgate

hope this helps clarify

Its hard to tell but that fang looks to be the fender that hangs down below the bed side & rear sill.

20190706_144157.jpg.9175023102eaa1c8bc10d30de572460b.jpg

What will the bumper be made of?

In the pictures it looks to be more like a fancy rear roll pan.

Only thing with tucking the bumper up close to the body is it will not protect the body.

Its your truck so you build it your way and thats good.

Dave ----

hope that makes sense?

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the explanation.

Its hard to tell but that fang looks to be the fender that hangs down below the bed side & rear sill.

What will the bumper be made of?

In the pictures it looks to be more like a fancy rear roll pan.

Only thing with tucking the bumper up close to the body is it will not protect the body.

Its your truck so you build it your way and thats good.

Dave ----

3/16" plate, not rock crawling , more of desert race truck theme.....will be stouter than stock rear triangulation hidden underneath for more strength to mount.... tucked not roll pan...lol, just cleaning up gaps and proportions..if strength and protection was super concern and i could go A-Team and weld an I-Beam on it....lol

its not fiberglass being trimmed but rear metal bed support, and sill, both will be plated to add strength

i appreciate all input.....that is why i share.... no ego

tell kids all the time, many eyes and fail faster

3/16" plate, not rock crawling , more of desert race truck theme.....will be stouter than stock rear triangulation hidden underneath for more strength to mount.... tucked not roll pan...lol, just cleaning up gaps and proportions..if strength and protection was super concern and i could go A-Team and weld an I-Beam on it....lol

its not fiberglass being trimmed but rear metal bed support, and sill, both will be plated to add strength

i appreciate all input.....that is why i share.... no ego

tell kids all the time, many eyes and fail faster

Got Shocks?

642369486.jpg.8eccecd86916745aa5309789ed87847f.jpg

IMG_6600.thumb.jpg.e4ceab198d6151d83aceaa62bacfb04b.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg.8e2c989fb79380a6190fd27bdd7fd4af.jpg

Man, those are some SERIOUS shocks! But what are the things in the first pic? Do they accommodate the longer shocks?

Remind me, what all are you doing to the suspension?

shock towers, yup, prerunner with bed cage so we can elevate the stupid factor....lol

example:

f100_prerunner.jpg.81568ed4985a6b5f49d33be1017e645b.jpg