Bullnose Forums

Ford put it there, but do I need it

My question would have to be, where did it come from? Fuel line? Heater hose? Vacume line? I could be wrong, and I hope someone will correct me, I dont think Ford ever put a manuel shut off valve anywhere on these pickups.

I understand that this is a motor home so I understand that it is no holds bared on stuff that you wouldent find in a pickup.

Haha nope - we're on the same page. You just beat me to the posting :nabble_smiley_happy:

Good point though about RV's playing by their own rules.

It is a hot idle compensator, it adds extra air to the intake under high heat conditions, very common on carbureted engines. On Carter and Autolite carbs it was built in. AFB it was in the secondary area above the venturiis, Autolite it was on the air horn on the 4100, back portion of the air filter circle on the 2100 and in the secondary area air horn for the 4300. The 4300D, I don't remember where it was.

Apparently the MH builder either added it or it may have been standard on the cutaway E350 builds.

It is a hot idle compensator, it adds extra air to the intake under high heat conditions, very common on carbureted engines. On Carter and Autolite carbs it was built in. AFB it was in the secondary area above the venturiis, Autolite it was on the air horn on the 4100, back portion of the air filter circle on the 2100 and in the secondary area air horn for the 4300. The 4300D, I don't remember where it was.

Apparently the MH builder either added it or it may have been standard on the cutaway E350 builds.

Thanks Bill!

Just did some reading up on those. So the handle looking thing isn't actually a handle but a bi-metallic strip that opens it up. Interesting.

Thanks Bill. I have never seen one of those before today( Or I have and dont remember). I learned something new today, thank you