Bullnose Forums

Hello from Twisp, Washington!

HrdAngln

I have a 1980 F-250 camper special 4x4, C6. I'm just starting to go over it and baseline the maintenance items and clean up some cosmetic items. Put some new LED headlights in and that made a big difference in nighttime driveability. I'm not even sure what engine is in it. The tag indicates a 400 6.6 but the seller said it was a 460, but wasn't sure.

I'm looking forward to sharing pictures and learning from all of you!

Truck_Side.jpg.ae8e340bda9cd613d96d7b9c1238c904.jpg

Truck2.jpg.a67740807b7d4f67e197cb641a4aea20.jpg

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

That's a beautiful color combo, and I love the white steelies with those dog dish wheel covers.

There were no 460's in trucks after the 1980 body change until they came back in 1983 with an option for a manual gearbox.

In the '70's you could only get the 460 with a C6

Gary and a few others know the 335 series engines well.

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

That's a beautiful color combo, and I love the white steelies with those dog dish wheel covers.

There were no 460's in trucks after the 1980 body change until they came back in 1983 with an option for a manual gearbox.

In the '70's you could only get the 460 with a C6

Gary and a few others know the 335 series engines well.

I quick glance will tell you.

The 460 had a separate timing case where the 400 the timing case was cast as the front of the engine block.

You can count the valve cover bolts or note the thermostat placement, but for me it's easiest to look for the seam or gasket on the front of the block.

Welcome! Glad you joined. And you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

Good looking truck. But as Jim said, it should be a 400. I really like that engine - mine puts out about 500 lb-ft and 400 HP. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The front bumper looks like a Warn, which is what I have on Big Blue. Can you post a better/bigger pic? And, what winch do you have?

Good looking truck. But as Jim said, it should be a 400. I really like that engine - mine puts out about 500 lb-ft and 400 HP. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The front bumper looks like a Warn, which is what I have on Big Blue. Can you post a better/bigger pic? And, what winch do you have?

I love the names in Washington.

Sequim, Twisp,...

I wonder sometimes what the language sounded like in conversation.

That winch looks like a Warn 8427 ..those are awesome! good looking truck