Bullnose Forums

Flexible Draining Tool

Machspeed

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/?target=model_product&modelId=657153

My cars have one of these, just put a hose on the nipple and drain the oil directly into a jug.

I have even bought a small shut off valve, and short NPT nipple for the snow blower.

Do you know what the thread pitch is on your 302?

Where the filter is located on my 460 there is no avoiding oil running from the adapter down over the power steering cooling loop set in the front crossmember.

I just stick a rag there before I loosen it up.

Do you know what the thread pitch is on your 302?

Where the filter is located on my 460 there is no avoiding oil running from the adapter down over the power steering cooling loop set in the front crossmember.

I just stick a rag there before I loosen it up.

Not sure of the thread pitch. Sorry.

But I do recall there is some oil from the filter that drains onto the cross member too. The oil filter is behind the PS pump on a 302.

My truck isn't driven much so I do oil changes every 2 years. Even then its under 1000 miles.

Not sure of the thread pitch. Sorry.

But I do recall there is some oil from the filter that drains onto the cross member too. The oil filter is behind the PS pump on a 302.

My truck isn't driven much so I do oil changes every 2 years. Even then its under 1000 miles.

I was just wondering because I've had to fit an oversized drain plug and it has a imperial pitch but a metric (17mm) head.

I'd think the trucks of this era would all have the same plugs?