Bullnose Forums

Flexible Draining Tool

Machspeed

That’s slick!

We used to make them out of scrap aluminum for aircraft. Not as flexible as these it looks like. On some aircraft you pull the drain plug and 12 quarts of hot oil would hit the nose wheel, and make a nice spray pattern, that took awhile to clean up!

That’s slick!

We used to make them out of scrap aluminum for aircraft. Not as flexible as these it looks like. On some aircraft you pull the drain plug and 12 quarts of hot oil would hit the nose wheel, and make a nice spray pattern, that took awhile to clean up!

That does look helpful. I know that with a 460 it is a pain to pull that filter. :nabble_smiley_sad:

• 1 month later...

That's a neat idea! I wonder about sewing magnets to it to hold it it in place?

My Rangers have something similar from the factory, it's basically a little funnel that sits under the oil filter and whenever you remove the filter, the oil drains down the funnel and away from everything else. Definitely makes it a much cleaner job.

My Rangers have something similar from the factory, it's basically a little funnel that sits under the oil filter and whenever you remove the filter, the oil drains down the funnel and away from everything else. Definitely makes it a much cleaner job.

If you get a chance, I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of that.

No rush