Bullnose Forums

When Did The Coat Hook Move?

Gary Lewis

My only gripe with the screws is that they're self-tapping, and so the holes are placed like garbage on every single 87+ truck I've taken parts from. It seems like they just held the panels up in the right spot and wherever the screw drilled through is where the holes are. :nabble_smiley_angry:

Shaun my '87 agrees with this 100%.

But on the rare occasion I do have to use it I'm glad my dry cleaning or wet slicker is not behind me.

Shaun my '87 agrees with this 100%.

But on the rare occasion I do have to use it I'm glad my dry cleaning or wet slicker is not behind me.

Brutus is on the passenger side, 86. We took the trim pieces out of the parts truck, 88 and is still on the passenger side. If memory serves, they moved it when they put the blue ovel on the grille, but not 100% sure on that

Brutus is on the passenger side, 86. We took the trim pieces out of the parts truck, 88 and is still on the passenger side. If memory serves, they moved it when they put the blue ovel on the grille, but not 100% sure on that

Shawn, if you notice all the trim pieces on our trucks are just kind of shoved in there and screws put wherever. You should see the speaker cutouts in my doors for the factory 6x9's. The bullnose truck as like all trucks before them started there life as a farm truck, stripped, no trim, no nothing really. Ford just started sticking trim pieces and stuff and just putting self tapping screws in, some corcked. This is also why our trucks have so many seperate wire harness's. if you notice the wireing on the 87 and up came into mostly a single wire harness

Passenger side on my '84 F150 Gary...screwed directly to the cab as there is no interior trim in my truck.

Thanks, guys. I guess we can sum it up this way, with "driver's side" meaning the left side in North America. Dave has a point about left vs driver's side, but we don't know about trucks produced for other countries, like Australia.:

• 1980 - 82: The coat hook was on the driver's side, with the trim put on with retainers

• 1983 - 86: The coat hook was on the passenger's side with the trim put on with retainers

• 1987 & on: The coat hook was on the passenger's side, but the trim was put on with screws. That trim can be used on Bullnose trucks as it still has the crimped edges to take the retainers, but it'll have screw holes showing so you might want to use screws in place of or in addition to the retainers.

Is that a fair way to summarize it?

Thanks, guys. I guess we can sum it up this way, with "driver's side" meaning the left side in North America. Dave has a point about left vs driver's side, but we don't know about trucks produced for other countries, like Australia.:

• 1980 - 82: The coat hook was on the driver's side, with the trim put on with retainers

• 1983 - 86: The coat hook was on the passenger's side with the trim put on with retainers

• 1987 & on: The coat hook was on the passenger's side, but the trim was put on with screws. That trim can be used on Bullnose trucks as it still has the crimped edges to take the retainers, but it'll have screw holes showing so you might want to use screws in place of or in addition to the retainers.

Is that a fair way to summarize it?

I like it. :nabble_smiley_good: