Bullnose Forums

Rear brake leak?

swampedout

Right where the hard line becomes hose going to the splitter/axle vent.

Edit:Scott has a picture of it here.

Ok. I thought it would be somewhere on the rear axle. So I dont have it. One item crossed off the list.

There is a weird bend in the line against the frame above the axle. Its really hard to see up there. I almost want to pull the bed to redo the brake line but it doesnt seem worth it.

Ok. I thought it would be somewhere on the rear axle. So I dont have it. One item crossed off the list.

There is a weird bend in the line against the frame above the axle. Its really hard to see up there. I almost want to pull the bed to redo the brake line but it doesnt seem worth it.

I redid mine without pulling the bed.

Just be sure to get the new line in all the plastic clips inside the frame rail beside the tank.

Also, check how the existing is routed around any obstructions like the switch valve.

I found it easier to uncoil the tube and fish it from the front to rear (going over/under harness and fuel lines)

Then I left it slack so I could flare the fitting into the line.

I poked the brake hose up through the hole in the cross member and connected them before putting the C-clip back on the hose and securing the brake line from back to front.

This way I didn't end up with a bunch of unruly slack and didn't have to fight the line completely square into the end of the hose.

Anyone who has replaced a half a dozen hardlines into an ABS module knows what I mean by this. : tantrum