Bullnose Forums

Ignition switch rod

old55pete

Maybe this is another resource to file in the Marketplace > Vendors thread?

If they have specific and unusual parts like that it's worth sharing that knowledge.

I would think so also Jim, But as I am only a humble mechanic and a computer reta......... computer challenged, I will leave that to the experts.

I would think so also Jim, But as I am only a humble mechanic and a computer reta......... computer challenged, I will leave that to the experts.

Old55Pete - I never got your email, but did get Gary's. Sorry to take so long answering!

Yes, there are a couple out there. Last published price was $15.27, but as with anything obsolete, it's worth what one is willing to pay! But it sounds as if you found one, hope you didn't get burned on price!

Old55Pete - I never got your email, but did get Gary's. Sorry to take so long answering!

Yes, there are a couple out there. Last published price was $15.27, but as with anything obsolete, it's worth what one is willing to pay! But it sounds as if you found one, hope you didn't get burned on price!

It's ok Myrl883. Ya, I did get raked over the coals. With shipping and such it was $40.00. As for the e-mail, I am not sure what happened. As Gary got a hold of you the same way, it must be something I did wrong.

All in all, I got what I needed so that is a good thing. Thank you for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

It's ok Myrl883. Ya, I did get raked over the coals. With shipping and such it was $40.00. As for the e-mail, I am not sure what happened. As Gary got a hold of you the same way, it must be something I did wrong.

All in all, I got what I needed so that is a good thing. Thank you for looking.

Just to fill in some blanks, I did get the rod in the mail. When I put it up against the old rod and found that the angle on the end at the ignition switch was wrong. It was standing up at 12:00 instead of at 10:00 and wouldent fit in the slot in the ignition switch.

What I found out was that around Aug of 86 and depending on what plant it was made in. The 86's could have one of two different rods and ignition switches. It could have the E7 rod which would mean the ignition switch will have the plug and wires sticking out of the passenger side of the switch(87 and up). Or it could have the E0 rod and the wires on the switch are sticking streight up.

Just think, all of this just to get the car to start form the ignition...........lol

Just to fill in some blanks, I did get the rod in the mail. When I put it up against the old rod and found that the angle on the end at the ignition switch was wrong. It was standing up at 12:00 instead of at 10:00 and wouldent fit in the slot in the ignition switch.

What I found out was that around Aug of 86 and depending on what plant it was made in. The 86's could have one of two different rods and ignition switches. It could have the E7 rod which would mean the ignition switch will have the plug and wires sticking out of the passenger side of the switch(87 and up). Or it could have the E0 rod and the wires on the switch are sticking streight up.

Just think, all of this just to get the car to start form the ignition...........lol

$13.88 delivered.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192372307290

Yes Jim, that is what they sent me, the mid 86/87 and my car was built in Feb of 86 so it wouldent work. I paid 40.00 for the correct one so I wouldent have to do a bunch of adapting. The correct part arrived yesterday and I started putting the coloum back together

Yes Jim, that is what they sent me, the mid 86/87 and my car was built in Feb of 86 so it wouldent work. I paid 40.00 for the correct one so I wouldent have to do a bunch of adapting. The correct part arrived yesterday and I started putting the coloum back together

Sorry, I thought you had got the E0TZ rod the first time around.

But 'B' is the correct suffix for tilt, correct?

I'd be sorely tempted to heat, bend and quench it, if I already had it in hand and it was only 60° off.

Sorry, I thought you had got the E0TZ rod the first time around.

But 'B' is the correct suffix for tilt, correct?

I'd be sorely tempted to heat, bend and quench it, if I already had it in hand and it was only 60° off.

I wish I had gotten the E0TZ instead of the E7TZ on the first trip. After doing some research, thats where I found out all of the other stuff about the way the ends are clocked and the different ignition switch.

The problem I was having was that I couldent return my new ignition switch because I already installed it and used it.

Yes you are correct in that I could have just stuck it in a vice, heated it and bent it to the right angle. As my wife said" you paid $40.00 with shipping to get the correct part and now you have to fix that to make it correct". Call them and make them send you the right part.

Yes, the "B" is correct for the tilt.

I wish I had gotten the E0TZ instead of the E7TZ on the first trip. After doing some research, thats where I found out all of the other stuff about the way the ends are clocked and the different ignition switch.

The problem I was having was that I couldent return my new ignition switch because I already installed it and used it.

Yes you are correct in that I could have just stuck it in a vice, heated it and bent it to the right angle. As my wife said" you paid $40.00 with shipping to get the correct part and now you have to fix that to make it correct". Call them and make them send you the right part.

Yes, the "B" is correct for the tilt.

I hate when that happens.

It's SO frustrating. You do the very best you can, to have the right X, annnnnnnd. :nabble_poo-23_orig:

I've already been in the barn with my torch today!

This is what you need to do when you need a right and have a left.

Good luck! :nabble_smiley_good:

Sorry you have to go through this.