Bullnose Forums

Ignition switch rod

old55pete

Oh, I see now you want the rod, and not the actuator that always breaks.

Sorry, I'm easily confused. :nabble_smiley_blush:

ETA: I do wonder what caused it to break even with a new switch installed.

Do you think straightening it put a crack in it?

I know when the really cold days of winter come my switch gets stiff to turn and sluggish to return because some grease or something. But since I don't grease it I'm beginning to think the plastic itself contracts making for a tight fit.

Jim, The rod hasent broken yet. But after putting in a new ignition switch that is smooth and free moving, it bends over again in the same place as it was bent before, after three or four uses.

I am gonna say that it had been flexing in that same spot for a while and got weak there.

Jim, The rod hasent broken yet. But after putting in a new ignition switch that is smooth and free moving, it bends over again in the same place as it was bent before, after three or four uses.

I am gonna say that it had been flexing in that same spot for a while and got weak there.

Unfortunately I don't seem to see that p/n at any of the usual places like NOS LTD, or Back Counter.

Might try Green Sales.

Oh, I see now you want the rod, and not the actuator that always breaks.

Sorry, I'm easily confused. :nabble_smiley_blush:

ETA: I do wonder what caused it to break even with a new switch installed.

Do you think straightening it put a crack in it?

I know when the really cold days of winter come my switch gets stiff to turn and sluggish to return because some grease or something. But since I don't grease it I'm beginning to think the plastic itself contracts making for a tight fit.

Jim, like you, I thought the actuator had broken again. I found all of the parts at the local NAPA. Turn signal switch, ignition switch, lock cylinder and actuator. I got the rest of the stuff because if you have to take it out and it's 35 years old, you might as well go back with new. I have the new upper bearing coming as well.

I could see from the wear mark on the top of the colum, that the rod was supposed to be streight so I used a hammer and the flat part on the back of a vice and streightened it out and put it back in. I am guessing that it has lost it's temper in that spot and keeps bending there in the same place it was bent in before.

Unfortunately I don't seem to see that p/n at any of the usual places like NOS LTD, or Back Counter.

Might try Green Sales.

Jim thanks for the heads up on Green Sales, they said that they did not have it. The guy also said that they send their inventory to Back Counter three an week.

Jim thanks for the heads up on Green Sales, they said that they did not have it. The guy also said that they send their inventory to Back Counter three an week.

IM not having any luck finding that rod on the internet so I just sent an E-mail to MYRL883 to see if he has one in his system anywhere.

IM not having any luck finding that rod on the internet so I just sent an E-mail to MYRL883 to see if he has one in his system anywhere.

Sent an E-mail to MYRL883 and got this back

To:you Details

This is the mail system at host n8.nabble.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.166.27] said:

550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from cs.com is not accepted due to

domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of

cs.com domain if 550-5.7.26 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit

550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about

the 550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative. k30si261174wrd.3 - gsmtp (in reply to end

of DATA command)

Sir, I hate to bother you, I noticed that through your job that you have been able to find obsolete parts sitting on other dealers shelves. I was wondering if you could give a look for a E0TZ-11A599-B when you have a spare moment.

Thank you for your time

Steve

Sent an E-mail to MYRL883 and got this back

To:you Details

This is the mail system at host n8.nabble.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.166.27] said:

550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from cs.com is not accepted due to

domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of

cs.com domain if 550-5.7.26 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit

550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about

the 550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative. k30si261174wrd.3 - gsmtp (in reply to end

of DATA command)

Sir, I hate to bother you, I noticed that through your job that you have been able to find obsolete parts sitting on other dealers shelves. I was wondering if you could give a look for a E0TZ-11A599-B when you have a spare moment.

Thank you for your time

Steve

I sent him an email with a link to here. Let's see what happens.

Thank you sir.

I did find a rod at Steering coloum services www.steeringcolumnservices.com. These folks have a bunch of parts that are hard to find like the tilt joint ( both sides) and the tilt pivot pins the young lady that I worked with knew the different part numbers off of the top of her head.

A little on the spendie side, but they had what I needed.

I did find a rod at Steering coloum services www.steeringcolumnservices.com. These folks have a bunch of parts that are hard to find like the tilt joint ( both sides) and the tilt pivot pins the young lady that I worked with knew the different part numbers off of the top of her head.

A little on the spendie side, but they had what I needed.

Good! Glad you found one. :nabble_smiley_good: