Bullnose Forums

New User from Western NC

Andrew1983F100

Name is Andrew Nagle and we live in the mountains of North Carolina 28787

About a month ago bought a 1983 F100 2wd, base model, 302, 4 speed OD, 119,000 miles and have enjoyed tinkering and get it ready to be my daily driver to work, about 1/2 mile commute.

1B07DB3B-CA02-4BE7-B12C-D20400FD281B.jpeg.251cde94dc681f12d3767cbe2e8b0545.jpeg

Other vehicles we own are a 1993 F350 diesel, crew cab 4x4, 2007 Mustang SGT, 1976 grey market Mercedes 280SL

Welcome, Andrew! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Would you like to be on our map? It is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Nice truck! And that's quite a fleet. But what's a "gray market" 280 SL?

Thanks, being on the map sounds good.

So this year and model Mercedes was never produced for the USA market and was imported in 1986 with minor modifications to make the US government happy. Not sure where the name grey market came from but that is what they call them. Makes getting parts and figuring things out interesting.

So glad I found this forum, tons of great information.

Welcome Andrew! :nabble_waving_orig:

That's a very beautiful part of the country.

My stepmother imported an SL back in the '70's

As I recall having all the glass and lamps changed, 5 MPH bumpers installed, etc.. cost a small fortune and took quite some time.

I hope you get to enjoy cruising with the top off! 😊

Welcome Andrew! :nabble_waving_orig:

That's a very beautiful part of the country.

My stepmother imported an SL back in the '70's

As I recall having all the glass and lamps changed, 5 MPH bumpers installed, etc.. cost a small fortune and took quite some time.

I hope you get to enjoy cruising with the top off! 😊

Thanks, we love driving on the blue ridge parkway with the 280SL But my favorite pastime is going to Lowe’s hardware in one of the two trucks

Thanks, being on the map sounds good.

So this year and model Mercedes was never produced for the USA market and was imported in 1986 with minor modifications to make the US government happy. Not sure where the name grey market came from but that is what they call them. Makes getting parts and figuring things out interesting.

So glad I found this forum, tons of great information.

You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Now I understand "gray market". Makes sense. I love the 280 SL's. Beautiful cars, and yours must be a hoot to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've driven it, but I think it was in my ML-320. Not nearly the same.