1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed. I will post pics.

If this all works out, I can share the STL files just in case it helps someone down the line.

The test print worked out pretty well. some small filing needed.

I have put an order in on shapeways for 2 sets of everything in tougher material. This should arrive late October and I will be much closer to having working mirrors again.

As I tried to clean up the base of one of the switches it cracked and split so I may need to get that done too.

As for other "stuff":

Installed spark lead organizer things. looks much nicer

Installed Lokar dipstick on the engine. What a pain.

Replaced bolts on headers with ARP as 3 were missing on drivers side!! still need to do passenger side

Torqued valve cover nuts as they were loose

Booked her in to a local shop for a tune, I have resigned myself to needing pro help tuning the carb and setting the timing. That is booked in for 11/6

The test print worked out pretty well. some small filing needed.

I have put an order in on shapeways for 2 sets of everything in tougher material. This should arrive late October and I will be much closer to having working mirrors again.

As I tried to clean up the base of one of the switches it cracked and split so I may need to get that done too.

As for other "stuff":

Installed spark lead organizer things. looks much nicer

Installed Lokar dipstick on the engine. What a pain.

Replaced bolts on headers with ARP as 3 were missing on drivers side!! still need to do passenger side

Torqued valve cover nuts as they were loose

Booked her in to a local shop for a tune, I have resigned myself to needing pro help tuning the carb and setting the timing. That is booked in for 11/6

Three manifold bolts on one side missing?!?!

How thick are your header flanges?

Have you considered safety wire or Stage-8 locks?

Three manifold bolts on one side missing?!?!

How thick are your header flanges?

Have you considered safety wire or Stage-8 locks?

Hi Jim,

I just don't think the shop torqued them down. Like I said the valve cover nuts were loose too.

Not considered other options as the ARP bolts when on nicely and torqued down well.

If these do work loose I will definitely look at other solutions, thanks for the suggestions!

Indeed. I will post pics.

If this all works out, I can share the STL files just in case it helps someone down the line.

The printed parts:

71648630476__38FDA19A-C443-4132-8B49-9CE82E0914C1.jpeg.a56617ee7eb2dc65ed02b7496b6f8b42.jpeg

Assembled

71649957255__56452544-8C60-4072-9308-DFE3ED18D871.jpeg.389d613ffd1eaa2ee9961d8a9cafa5c3.jpeg

Next to the base. The holes for the pins need enlarging, not an issue. You can see the “rotor” cracked when I inserted the metal stick/knob/thing so that will need enlarging a smidge too

71649991711__A0F10221-A32A-40F9-A0EB-0EE3C04B3058.jpeg.d4e69ebdf7c963b5c77f95ba201ae876.jpeg

Hi Jim,

I just don't think the shop torqued them down. Like I said the valve cover nuts were loose too.

Not considered other options as the ARP bolts when on nicely and torqued down well.

If these do work loose I will definitely look at other solutions, thanks for the suggestions!

Sorry to hear that the shop didn't torque your engine fasteners.

That's really disappointing.

The parts look good!

Hope they all work well with your mirrors and switches too!

• 1 month later...

Yes, the parts look good. :nabble_smiley_good:

This weekend Espy got a new distributor. A MSD pro billet. It was a birthday present from the wife 🤣

Today I took Espy to Mike’s auto and his guy gave Espy a tune up. He said he was happy how I had the carb set up but the 14degrees BTDC was not enough and he ended up dialing to 20 initial and 38 total.

The engine is running great!

He also commented on the awful transmission and said to go to the junk yard and just grab an AOD, slap a new toque converter on it and call it good!

So, I’ll leave that here to sink in 😂