Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know which offset to buy, unless you already have it on the rack and know how far out it is?

I have a MOOG parts list of $400 and a Bilstein parts list of $600(ish).

This got really expensive really quick.

Will probably just to the MOOG parts next month and then the Bilstein can be done later as those are easy. Th KYBs I have are only a few years old but looking pretty ratty already.

Not planning on driving Espy much this winter but want to get a number of fixes done. After the front end comes the back end, right?

• 2 months later...

I have a MOOG parts list of $400 and a Bilstein parts list of $600(ish).

This got really expensive really quick.

Will probably just to the MOOG parts next month and then the Bilstein can be done later as those are easy. Th KYBs I have are only a few years old but looking pretty ratty already.

Not planning on driving Espy much this winter but want to get a number of fixes done. After the front end comes the back end, right?

Well. As thorough as I thought i was dealing with the rust on the front fenders, it is coming through again already.

Not a big issue, as fenders are not expensive I am happy to just buy new ones.

My friend inherited a shop and a auto paint set up. He has no idea what to do with it, but he has a 1907s Blazer he is working on so we are going to learn together this year!

My question is: how hard/easy is it to replace the front fenders??

Well. As thorough as I thought i was dealing with the rust on the front fenders, it is coming through again already.

Not a big issue, as fenders are not expensive I am happy to just buy new ones.

My friend inherited a shop and a auto paint set up. He has no idea what to do with it, but he has a 1907s Blazer he is working on so we are going to learn together this year!

My question is: how hard/easy is it to replace the front fenders??

That's a bummer! But fortunately it is pretty easy to replace front fenders. There's not all that much that bolts to them, or vice versa, and they are the last thing to do in body alignment.

• 1 month later...

That's a bummer! But fortunately it is pretty easy to replace front fenders. There's not all that much that bolts to them, or vice versa, and they are the last thing to do in body alignment.

As winter is winding down and Spring is threatening to arrive it felt like the right time to order all the front suspension parts.

So I did!

I decided that ai will take care of all the front end work and reassemble the front end not worrying about the little fender rust bubbling, Espy can the. be driven for the summer.

In the background I will source and paint front fenders and a tailgate, then bolt them on later.

Still need to work out carb tuning and AOD rebuild - a new neighbor offered to help as they have a shop and a lift AND EXPERIENCE - something I am lacking.

So all in all, a plan is laid out.

As winter is winding down and Spring is threatening to arrive it felt like the right time to order all the front suspension parts.

So I did!

I decided that ai will take care of all the front end work and reassemble the front end not worrying about the little fender rust bubbling, Espy can the. be driven for the summer.

In the background I will source and paint front fenders and a tailgate, then bolt them on later.

Still need to work out carb tuning and AOD rebuild - a new neighbor offered to help as they have a shop and a lift AND EXPERIENCE - something I am lacking.

So all in all, a plan is laid out.

That sounds like a plan, Stan! I like it. Drive it for the summer and then tackle the body work next winter. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 months later...

That sounds like a plan, Stan! I like it. Drive it for the summer and then tackle the body work next winter. :nabble_smiley_good:

A small update. I have an appointment at an uhpulstary place tomorrow. They are going to look at re building/covering the front seats to match the original pattern that is on the rear seat. if they can't get a good match then I will look at have all of them done in some tastful blue color. They are booked up through mid July so it will be good to get this on the books.

In the meantime I will look for a couple of seats to put in so I don't lose summer driving time :)

And as posted elsewhere, I have painted the new brake drums and calipers. Still waiting on the Moog springs to arrive before tackling the front end rebuild...

A small update. I have an appointment at an uhpulstary place tomorrow. They are going to look at re building/covering the front seats to match the original pattern that is on the rear seat. if they can't get a good match then I will look at have all of them done in some tastful blue color. They are booked up through mid July so it will be good to get this on the books.

In the meantime I will look for a couple of seats to put in so I don't lose summer driving time :)

And as posted elsewhere, I have painted the new brake drums and calipers. Still waiting on the Moog springs to arrive before tackling the front end rebuild...

SMS Auto Fabrics is supposed to be the go-to place for factory fabrics.

• 2 weeks later...

SMS Auto Fabrics is supposed to be the go-to place for factory fabrics.

Espy is booked in for 7/10 to have the seats reupholstered. I am going with Heidi Regatta Blue vinyl with a Laguna houndstooth (blue and white) cloth insert. The price is high $2k for the front captains and rear bench, but the guy is old school and said it will take him a week to do everything.

While I was in there he was working on seats for a 1983 blazer that had the houndstooth cloth but white vinyl... So I totally went with that cloth insert, looks amazing.

5853_Large__24010.jpg.6a77a154f656e3d118c7d343d615902b.jpg

Espy is booked in for 7/10 to have the seats reupholstered. I am going with Heidi Regatta Blue vinyl with a Laguna houndstooth (blue and white) cloth insert. The price is high $2k for the front captains and rear bench, but the guy is old school and said it will take him a week to do everything.

While I was in there he was working on seats for a 1983 blazer that had the houndstooth cloth but white vinyl... So I totally went with that cloth insert, looks amazing.

That's gonna be beautiful! And it is July 10th, right? Not October 7th? (Not sure who's convention you are using. :nabble_smiley_evil:)