Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Oh, I totally get it, no sweat. :)

I think the wheels will really pop when I put the wheel arch flares on. Another stylist choice that is not for everyone!

are you going to use something like flex flares or the stainless or aluminum trims?

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you going to use something like flex flares or the stainless or aluminum trims?

More like flex flares. I am painting them to match the body. As you can see 3 are done. The 4th one i tried a “blue mica pearl” 1k clear coat and it really was not clear, terribly yellow so i need another can of base to redo it.

18F6F026-6472-4271-A924-893A5D8A974B.jpeg.11ef60cd16c7e51ecebf173433bff800.jpeg

Here you can see the pearl and how yellow it went on. Seems to be a common issue with dupli color perfect match.. The cap is the actual base color.

I used a better 2k clear for the others.

94779193-1892-4699-B2CE-F0FD86C13F16.thumb.jpeg.c815e8ed29fed4290d0745619575f601.jpeg

More like flex flares. I am painting them to match the body. As you can see 3 are done. The 4th one i tried a “blue mica pearl” 1k clear coat and it really was not clear, terribly yellow so i need another can of base to redo it.

Here you can see the pearl and how yellow it went on. Seems to be a common issue with dupli color perfect match.. The cap is the actual base color.

"flash back" cool!

I like those. Have considered them for Big Blue given how far out the tires sit and the mud they throw.

I like those. Have considered them for Big Blue given how far out the tires sit and the mud they throw.

I think they are gonna look good. The new tires are a little wider and as my mate said “just say no to poke” 🤣

But first I need to redo my rust repairs as some is coming back through. I thought I got all the inside but clearly not. Ordered some POR-15 and will go full attack at it!!

I think they are gonna look good. The new tires are a little wider and as my mate said “just say no to poke” 🤣

But first I need to redo my rust repairs as some is coming back through. I thought I got all the inside but clearly not. Ordered some POR-15 and will go full attack at it!!

Minor update. Finally got the fuel filter, braided hose, regulator and gauge in. The gauge is reading about 4psi. When I get Espy mobile again i will pay more attention. The TV cable kit should arrive tomorrow but i am away for a week or so..

The big news.. i found an old school parts store!! They stock all the cool

Mods for our old trucks. The people that work there are super nice to boot. No more AZ or O for me!!!

Bad pics of fuel line… look for the braided hose… and you can see the blue/ red filter down past the oil pressure sensor

F23C1FFD-1C90-4208-8D89-796FC005E709.thumb.jpeg.8f9344c33e5bb3dd7b723752ed17ecc3.jpeg

You can see the regulator, the gauge is completely concealed by a hose… C96BB1F2-1F84-47EE-AEC0-B587BAA25105.thumb.jpeg.56a00ee8925fdbd69fdbbafe73418c7e.jpeg

Minor update. Finally got the fuel filter, braided hose, regulator and gauge in. The gauge is reading about 4psi. When I get Espy mobile again i will pay more attention. The TV cable kit should arrive tomorrow but i am away for a week or so..

The big news.. i found an old school parts store!! They stock all the cool

Mods for our old trucks. The people that work there are super nice to boot. No more AZ or O for me!!!

Bad pics of fuel line… look for the braided hose… and you can see the blue/ red filter down past the oil pressure sensor

You can see the regulator, the gauge is completely concealed by a hose…

Looks great! Professional. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the parts store, I think we would call something like that a speed shop around here, and most of those have gone out of business. So it is great that you have one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks great! Professional. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the parts store, I think we would call something like that a speed shop around here, and most of those have gone out of business. So it is great that you have one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes! A speed shop!

Next time I am there I will take a pic and post.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! A speed shop!

Next time I am there I will take a pic and post.

Started on the TV cable. The transmission end was simple.

The carb end will need some thought. The OEM throttle cable does not fit the new bracket. From the OEM mount there is a large angle. I circled the mounts in blue and the attachment point in red.

Any suggestions?

I plan on going to my Speed Store tomorrow for a chat.

B5CD6E5E-C7EB-4BB6-95FB-84EAAF824A6E.thumb.jpeg.9174def84cd58f2a81c8b960c1eea5a3.jpeg

Started on the TV cable. The transmission end was simple.

The carb end will need some thought. The OEM throttle cable does not fit the new bracket. From the OEM mount there is a large angle. I circled the mounts in blue and the attachment point in red.

Any suggestions?

I plan on going to my Speed Store tomorrow for a chat.

Looks Lokar makes the cables. Throttle cable XTC-1000HT36

https://www.lokar.com/assets/instructions/INS0002-ThrottleCable.pdf

And cruise control cable with adapter plate for “Rostra style cruise controls”- CC-1601HT Stainless Housing Cruise Control Cable

https://www.lokar.com/assets/instructions/INS0126-Cruise-Control-Cable-Instructions.pdf

Is the Ford factory speed control the same as a “Rostra style cruise control”? Any comments as whether this will work or not?