Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Pipe threads taped up and this is now ready to go. Just need a break in the rain. The only thing worse than laying on gravel is laying on wet gravel. Hopefully this evening or in the morning.

Looks great. Hope you get a chance to put it on later today. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great. Hope you get a chance to put it on later today. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Finally got to installing my regulator/gauge set up.

I made 2 errors in my set up.

1. My fuel pump output is a 1/4in NPT. I thought it was 3/8 so I did not have the right shiny blue bits to put on and I had to use the existing hose.

2. The location of the fuel filter did not clear the distributor. I had a 45degree -6AN swivel so that bought me just enough space.

I made some mods and got it all to fit with parts from the parts box as outlined above. I have ordered the needed shiny blue bits to make it look nice :)

When I installed the FPR/gauge the pressure was 7psi. I got it set to 5PSI. Oh boy. What a difference. So much more pick up and now I know it was all feeling very "boggy".

The plan is to drive it as is for a few days, monitor the AFR gauge then make changes to the carb as needed.

In all of this, I replaced the blue vacuum hoses to black and it looks much better under the hood.

Somewhere along the line the shifting is really hard now, not sure if that is just the tranny throwing a fit today or if some of theses changes have upset it.

While I was out there in the dry I replaced the dash bezel and the instrument cluster voltage regulator.

Productive day. I even worked and mowed the lawn.

I have big plans this week, but don't want to give the game away as I may not get it all done. But I have a free weekend - so weather cooperating Espy will have some news to share :)

Finally got to installing my regulator/gauge set up.

I made 2 errors in my set up.

1. My fuel pump output is a 1/4in NPT. I thought it was 3/8 so I did not have the right shiny blue bits to put on and I had to use the existing hose.

2. The location of the fuel filter did not clear the distributor. I had a 45degree -6AN swivel so that bought me just enough space.

I made some mods and got it all to fit with parts from the parts box as outlined above. I have ordered the needed shiny blue bits to make it look nice :)

When I installed the FPR/gauge the pressure was 7psi. I got it set to 5PSI. Oh boy. What a difference. So much more pick up and now I know it was all feeling very "boggy".

The plan is to drive it as is for a few days, monitor the AFR gauge then make changes to the carb as needed.

In all of this, I replaced the blue vacuum hoses to black and it looks much better under the hood.

Somewhere along the line the shifting is really hard now, not sure if that is just the tranny throwing a fit today or if some of theses changes have upset it.

While I was out there in the dry I replaced the dash bezel and the instrument cluster voltage regulator.

Productive day. I even worked and mowed the lawn.

I have big plans this week, but don't want to give the game away as I may not get it all done. But I have a free weekend - so weather cooperating Espy will have some news to share :)

That seems like a very productive day, in spite of the lack of glitz. Getting the fuel pressure down will have effectively lowered the fuel level in the carb and leaned the mix out, and it was obviously too rich.

As for the tranny, I don't know unless you are using so much less throttle that it shifts differently?

That seems like a very productive day, in spite of the lack of glitz. Getting the fuel pressure down will have effectively lowered the fuel level in the carb and leaned the mix out, and it was obviously too rich.

As for the tranny, I don't know unless you are using so much less throttle that it shifts differently?

Well, Tranny is not happy with me.. hard shift into 2nd. Grabs OD so late… I will take her in again I guess..

In the meantime, spot anything different?

2EA28FDE-D52B-496F-93E1-FD3F0556D16D.jpeg.b9b2ee7323167c632ac8233ec278a0cf.jpeg

I cannot tell a lie. I still like the factory 95 wheels better. but you really can't go wrong with a bullnose bronco on mt wheels .

I was VERY nervous about how it would look and it is far from factory. But I really like it. Obviously not for everyone.

I was VERY nervous about how it would look and it is far from factory. But I really like it. Obviously not for everyone.

don't take that as criticism. it looks good. and not trying too hard like so many aftermarket wheels. I'm just really fond of the factory look in "most cases" . even if i do paint the factory wheels red:nabble_smiley_wink:

don't take that as criticism. it looks good. and not trying too hard like so many aftermarket wheels. I'm just really fond of the factory look in "most cases" . even if i do paint the factory wheels red:nabble_smiley_wink:

Oh, I totally get it, no sweat. :)

I think the wheels will really pop when I put the wheel arch flares on. Another stylist choice that is not for everyone!