Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Maybe. I will check when I have a few miles on the current configuration.

I think i need to back the springs down a notch. Getting very rich on that initial push on the accelerator..

The soft top has shipped! Looking forward to putting that on, will give the puppy some shade in the summer but keep the side and back open.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it is on!

Ordered some fuel line so i can install my fuel regulator and gauge too.

Next week i am hoping to order new wheels and tires.

That looks great!

Do you have A/C? I’m asking because I’m curious as to why you’re using it to be cooler.

I’m curious because I think my Bronco is the hottest vehicle I have owned. But mine is silver and black.

And the top is black.

Also thought about getting a Softopper for my GMC.

That looks great!

Do you have A/C? I’m asking because I’m curious as to why you’re using it to be cooler.

I’m curious because I think my Bronco is the hottest vehicle I have owned. But mine is silver and black.

And the top is black.

Also thought about getting a Softopper for my GMC.

I do have AC and it works well. With the top off on very hot days the AC doesn’t do much for the passengers, but the shade will.

056D14B9-B4C7-48D6-8887-DDCDB95EBC18.jpeg.aecedb52ef508e62519e371fcdfa6acb.jpeg

87C3351E-85FF-4566-BD03-E5DE5A52383A.jpeg.aef4fa7958c7d866ba7f7979bb9d6d9e.jpeg

I see. Never had my top off.

That looks good!

I have been working on some minor rust. There was a hole on the drivers side rear. I can’t weld so I have to bondo…

599A2D93-1A61-493F-9391-C02D3007FFCA.jpeg.9a4892c16aef44c85c8b8c0ef695bdbc.jpeg

I got all the lose rust off. Applied rust converter and applied glass fiber stranded bondo.

Then I sanded, another layer, sanded. Glazing putty, sanded.

The paint was all cracked so i thought i would clean it up. And scope creep set in. I got through a red scouring pad with my grinder…

3FBD4B5C-EC99-47B6-A7BD-1DACE0FE8044.jpeg.9a581f26f91590023e75deeb359e7e23.jpeg

Looks like the next steps are to remove the trim. Remove all that gunky paint. Take it down to metal and hit it with sealer, paint and clear…

Oh boy…

I have been working on some minor rust. There was a hole on the drivers side rear. I can’t weld so I have to bondo…

I got all the lose rust off. Applied rust converter and applied glass fiber stranded bondo.

Then I sanded, another layer, sanded. Glazing putty, sanded.

The paint was all cracked so i thought i would clean it up. And scope creep set in. I got through a red scouring pad with my grinder…

Looks like the next steps are to remove the trim. Remove all that gunky paint. Take it down to metal and hit it with sealer, paint and clear…

Oh boy…

:nabble_smiley_oh:

That is scope CREEP!!!!!

:nabble_smiley_oh:

That is scope CREEP!!!!!

Isn’t it!

This is the worst panel. I am gonna knock it all down and rattle can it.

It will look so much better, even if it is not a perfect color match.

The rest of the rust treatment was minor front wheel arch stuff. I will probably strip the paint below the trim all around and paint.

The trim is kind of beat up and i see it is available through LMC.

I have fender flares to put on too so most of this work will be invisible, but I know the rust is dealt with.