Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

It is warm and sunny so I am tackling the blend door.. I have half the dash hanging out, the old door removed and taking a break..

Only one bloody knuckle so far..

I don't envy you. Been there, done that, and had the cuts to prove it. There's no safe way to reach in there and work on that door. Good luck!

I don't envy you. Been there, done that, and had the cuts to prove it. There's no safe way to reach in there and work on that door. Good luck!

Well. Total of 5 bloody knuckles and the blend door is replaced!!! Taking a break in the sun with the wife then bolt the dash back up. I will post pics!!

Well. Total of 5 bloody knuckles and the blend door is replaced!!! Taking a break in the sun with the wife then bolt the dash back up. I will post pics!!

And Gary and John yesterday.

Maybe you guys need to tape up like a boxer before diving in?

In all seriousness, I'm glad you've got it sussed!

Another small victory in the war.

You have your wife working on the truck!?!?!? :nabble_anim_claps:

Anyway, glad you got the blend door fixed. That's a major accomplishment in my book.

You have your wife working on the truck!?!?!? :nabble_anim_claps:

Anyway, glad you got the blend door fixed. That's a major accomplishment in my book.

No chance! The wife was staining wood in the garden..

Some pics:

Broken blend door:

FE8A30A0-1495-4ACA-8A02-A73F31C5552C.thumb.jpeg.6b5d2181f2c9b75cbb7312bbca67bf0a.jpeg

New blend door and shiny rivets:

039F7226-498F-42EA-805C-EF0AD8523233.thumb.jpeg.c2020d781568a18850794bbd6ddcaff1.jpeg

I noticed something I did not expect. When the blower is on and the air is set to come out of the dash registers; when the temp is set to cool or AC there is good airflow, when I set it to warm there is next to no air flow.

When I set the diverter to defrost or floor the air flow is good no matter the temp selection.

Any idea what is going on? Is this normal??

No chance! The wife was staining wood in the garden..

Some pics:

Broken blend door:

New blend door and shiny rivets:

I noticed something I did not expect. When the blower is on and the air is set to come out of the dash registers; when the temp is set to cool or AC there is good airflow, when I set it to warm there is next to no air flow.

When I set the diverter to defrost or floor the air flow is good no matter the temp selection.

Any idea what is going on? Is this normal??

I checked my truck and the dash vents behave the same way.. when set to “vent” low flow with temp set to hot, good flow went set to cold. No problem with hot air flow on any other diverter setting so i guess this is normal or both my trucks have an issue, i am sticking with “thinking it is normal”.

I checked my truck and the dash vents behave the same way.. when set to “vent” low flow with temp set to hot, good flow went set to cold. No problem with hot air flow on any other diverter setting so i guess this is normal or both my trucks have an issue, i am sticking with “thinking it is normal”.

Sorry, I missed this. If I get the rear t-case seal tomorrow I might be able to start Big Blue up and see if his air flow does the same. Just never noticed that.

• 2 months later...

I have never noticed before either. I guess ignorance is bliss..

Been a little quiet on the Espy front here. Nothing big happened recently expect for some stereo upgrades, until now.

Finally dropped her off at the shop for an engine rebuild quote. Sounds like we will have some verbal back and forth for a few days or so to work out what would be best. I want to keep the original block if possible.

Watch this space :)

Been a little quiet on the Espy front here. Nothing big happened recently expect for some stereo upgrades, until now.

Finally dropped her off at the shop for an engine rebuild quote. Sounds like we will have some verbal back and forth for a few days or so to work out what would be best. I want to keep the original block if possible.

Watch this space :)

:nabble_smiley_oh: