Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Man, I sure hope it is RIGHT this time. :nabble_smiley_scared:

After 3 months I have Espy back.

She is definitely driving better, shifting better and OD is engaging. 55mph is ~2100RPM.

BUT I AM STILL NOT HAPPY FOR THE $2800 I SPENT.

1. The NSS is still only connected by bullet connectors

2. The transmission oil pan has the worst rattle can paint job, only. I will just replace it myself at the first oil change.

3. The shift points still feel high. Not sure how the AOD knows when to shift or how to adjust it. I will document the shift points under low/medium/high throttle and take it from there.

4. The transfer case has been taken care of.

Of course I am away for a week now so can't drive her around to work this all out, but when I get back I sure will.

She is definitely driving better, shifting better and OD is engaging. 55mph is ~2100RPM.

2. The transmission oil pan has the worst rattle can paint job, only. I will just replace it myself at the first oil change.

3. The shift points still feel high. Not sure how the AOD knows when to shift or how to adjust it. I will document the shift points under low/medium/high throttle and take it from there.

Of course I am away for a week now so can't drive her around to work this all out, but when I get back I sure will.

You have been patient! :nabble_anim_claps:

Glad you got Espy back and that things are better. Maybe not perfect, but certainly better. Maybe you can sort out the rest, as you mentioned on the transmission pan.

It is a shame we have to put up with people like that, but many of us have been bitten by the same approach, and I've learned that after a while I just have to give up and move on. :nabble_smiley_cry:

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you got Espy back and that things are better. Maybe not perfect, but certainly better. Maybe you can sort out the rest, as you mentioned on the transmission pan.

It is a shame we have to put up with people like that, but many of us have been bitten by the same approach, and I've learned that after a while I just have to give up and move on. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Been a little slow around here, had to look after a sick wife, work has been stressful and some house projects have been breaking my back..

With that all said the wife is alive and kicking and has a new honey-do list for me and I survived another birthday..

Anyway. Espy is driving good when warm, but holding on to revs when cold. The weather turned cold here so will adjust the electric choke and see what happens.

The big news was getting the power mirror for the passenger side. It is on its way and I will post pics, the switches are broken so that will be a long term item.

As winter is around the corner I have decided to take care of a few things!

1. New heating blend door purchased and ready for install

2. HD light harness and relays for Espy and Eunice.

3. Hella H4 light reflector things.

4. Phillips H4 bulbs

5. Interior paint for the whole new interior I have, probably a spring/summer job at this point.

Still not sure what to do about the engine in Espy. I am leaning towards a crate motor, any advice would be appreciated!

Been a little slow around here, had to look after a sick wife, work has been stressful and some house projects have been breaking my back..

With that all said the wife is alive and kicking and has a new honey-do list for me and I survived another birthday..

Anyway. Espy is driving good when warm, but holding on to revs when cold. The weather turned cold here so will adjust the electric choke and see what happens.

The big news was getting the power mirror for the passenger side. It is on its way and I will post pics, the switches are broken so that will be a long term item.

As winter is around the corner I have decided to take care of a few things!

1. New heating blend door purchased and ready for install

2. HD light harness and relays for Espy and Eunice.

3. Hella H4 light reflector things.

4. Phillips H4 bulbs

5. Interior paint for the whole new interior I have, probably a spring/summer job at this point.

Still not sure what to do about the engine in Espy. I am leaning towards a crate motor, any advice would be appreciated!

Congrat's on the birthday! It is always good to make it to another one.

And, glad your wife is alive and kicking, but I hope she's also well. At least she's well enough to put together a honey-do list. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Which Hella reflectors did you get? And which Phillips bulbs? I ask because I'm in the market for better lighting.

On the engine, I suggest getting a crate engine because that will get you a warranty. As for where to get it, maybe Scotty The Mad Porter? He specializes in 460's but has told me he does all of the Ford engines. You'll have to tell him it is speed density, and I'm sure he will know what can and can't be done to keep that happy.

Congrat's on the birthday! It is always good to make it to another one.

And, glad your wife is alive and kicking, but I hope she's also well. At least she's well enough to put together a honey-do list. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Which Hella reflectors did you get? And which Phillips bulbs? I ask because I'm in the market for better lighting.

On the engine, I suggest getting a crate engine because that will get you a warranty. As for where to get it, maybe Scotty The Mad Porter? He specializes in 460's but has told me he does all of the Ford engines. You'll have to tell him it is speed density, and I'm sure he will know what can and can't be done to keep that happy.

She is fine now thank you. Gall stones and kidney stones! All gone now.

I got the hella reflectors from the halogen thread:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002M9QRE/?tag=2402507-20

And I got lazy on the bulbs so went with these:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-RacingVision-Headlight-12342RVS2-Upgrade/dp/B01LYNVQBC/ref=sr_1_2?crid=9LGMIOO5HGYR&dchild=1&keywords=philips+h4&qid=1603774238&s=automotive&sprefix=Philips+h%2Cautomotive%2C234&sr=1-2

The Napa ironclad engines seem to me very reasonably priced and would be easy for me to collect. I am thinking that can be my Christmas present to my wife! 😂 I will look up Scotty too!

She is fine now thank you. Gall stones and kidney stones! All gone now.

I got the hella reflectors from the halogen thread:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002M9QRE/?tag=2402507-20

And I got lazy on the bulbs so went with these:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-RacingVision-Headlight-12342RVS2-Upgrade/dp/B01LYNVQBC/ref=sr_1_2?crid=9LGMIOO5HGYR&dchild=1&keywords=philips+h4&qid=1603774238&s=automotive&sprefix=Philips+h%2Cautomotive%2C234&sr=1-2

The Napa ironclad engines seem to me very reasonably priced and would be easy for me to collect. I am thinking that can be my Christmas present to my wife! 😂 I will look up Scotty too!

Ouch! I've been told the stones are PAINFUL! Glad she's ok.

On the lights, please let me know what you think of the whole setup.

As for the engine, I see nothing wrong with one from NAPA.

Ouch! I've been told the stones are PAINFUL! Glad she's ok.

On the lights, please let me know what you think of the whole setup.

As for the engine, I see nothing wrong with one from NAPA.

It was a rough month for her! But as a Physical therapist she knew the routine.

Looks like I will get the lights done next week and will definitely post on how it all goes, will try and get some pics/vid of the before and after. My wife has a good camera so I can use the same settings etc..

As for the engine, I am really leaning towards getting a crate from Napa and then I can do things like:

3G alternator

PMGR Starter

Saginaw power steering

Holley Sniper EFI carb

MSD ignition

Hope to order the engine next month and get it in time for Christmas. Then I can chip away at it through to April for install in the spring. Won't be a cheap project that is for sure. Might not be able to afford the paint job next year after all, may be a rattle can stop gap...

Looks like I will get the lights done next week and will definitely post on how it all goes, will try and get some pics/vid of the before and after. My wife has a good camera so I can use the same settings etc..

As for the engine, I am really leaning towards getting a crate from Napa and then I can do things like:

3G alternator

PMGR Starter

Saginaw power steering

Holley Sniper EFI carb

MSD ignition

Hope to order the engine next month and get it in time for Christmas. Then I can chip away at it through to April for install in the spring. Won't be a cheap project that is for sure. Might not be able to afford the paint job next year after all, may be a rattle can stop gap...

Sounds like you understand that if you put the camera on automagic that the before and after pics will look the same. Like you said, take a before pic and read the setting in the pic's metadata. Then dial those settings in on Manual and take the after pic.

As for the plan with the engine, that sounds good. Get it somewhere that provides a warranty. Then if you have problems you have someone to help you solve them.

3G alternator

PMGR Starter

Saginaw power steering

Holley Sniper EFI carb

MSD ignition

I'm glad your wife is doing better!

Espy too...

Start looking for a Windsor engined van to get the Saginaw brackets and bosses from.

The rest of the pieces you want are easy to find, though I question the efficacy of any street vehicle with MSD.