Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

It has been a few weeks, but today it was warm enough to work on the AC again. The system had held pressure the last few weeks, but it was lower than it needs to be.

I turned the pressure switch 3/4 turn anti clockwise and the system kicked on. I tried putting more R134a in but that is when i heard the hiss. Killed the engine and then found it in the line on the high side of the condenser going to the compressor.

New hose ordered and should be delivered tomorrow.

I did install the new blower motor and cleaned all the pine needles out from there. Small improvement in air flow.

I also loosened the rear bumper bolts, but as i was in direct sun going blind i will finish that another day. The hard part is done, they are loose!

Two more layers of the onion removed. Gonna have a Boomin' Onion soon!

This cold weather makes working outside tough, but a victory was well earned at 36F or so.

That battery tray I rescued from the breakers is now installed. Not without a fight though. Working on my own it took an hour to battle the old rusted tray out of Espy and about 84 seconds to install the new one!

The great news is both the long j bolts (is that what they are called?) are now anchored, the bad news is the battery seems to wide for the plastic brace... I will think about that at the weekend, but I suspect the battery is larger size/capacity than stock, I will check the label and ford spec and rectify...

Hopefully tomorrow I get to chase the AC leak(s?) down and then I can start a whole new conversation about puddles on my new floor mats.

This is a hell of an Onion Gary!

Did you ever find the leak on your passenger side?

Is it coming from the cowl, or where the heater plenum passes through the firewall?

Do you have a good hood seal?

Did you ever find the leak on your passenger side?

Is it coming from the cowl, or where the heater plenum passes through the firewall?

Do you have a good hood seal?

Progress indeed!

Not had a chance to track the leak down.l going to get the wife to hold the hose over the truck at the weekend, while I sit inside with the AC blowing!

Progress indeed!

Not had a chance to track the leak down.l going to get the wife to hold the hose over the truck at the weekend, while I sit inside with the AC blowing!

Finally got a task done that has been bugging me since day 1.

The rear bumper with those horrible lights cut into it and those dents! Pretty sure neither were standard.

Anyhow, all fixed. Boy were those bolts a PITA !!!!

Also, while under there, I noticed the bushings for the suspension leaf springs were absolutely shot, not sure how I haven't noticed that before. I guess I will have to put that on the list, near the top maybe?

IMG_5545.jpeg.9ea04a53fd32386501b48d3a0d38c467.jpeg

IMG_5546.jpeg.d76abec6f94973e9176878a7a6b2d642.jpeg

Sure, it needs a good cleaning, but so does the rest of Espy right now, pollen and dust everywhere.

I did adjust the electric choke for the warmer weather, starting is much easier now.

The bloody tach has stopped working again. I need to get a multimeter to the printed circuit, I think it is worn where the dash connect goes and the little nuts that connect the tach seems to be have worn the printed circuit.

The AC hose arrived today, so I will tackle that tomorrow. It is really windy out there right now, I feel like I have been sailing.

Beer time :)

Finally got a task done that has been bugging me since day 1.

The rear bumper with those horrible lights cut into it and those dents! Pretty sure neither were standard.

Anyhow, all fixed. Boy were those bolts a PITA !!!!

Also, while under there, I noticed the bushings for the suspension leaf springs were absolutely shot, not sure how I haven't noticed that before. I guess I will have to put that on the list, near the top maybe?

Sure, it needs a good cleaning, but so does the rest of Espy right now, pollen and dust everywhere.

I did adjust the electric choke for the warmer weather, starting is much easier now.

The bloody tach has stopped working again. I need to get a multimeter to the printed circuit, I think it is worn where the dash connect goes and the little nuts that connect the tach seems to be have worn the printed circuit.

The AC hose arrived today, so I will tackle that tomorrow. It is really windy out there right now, I feel like I have been sailing.

Beer time :)

Little by little you are getting it sorted. :nabble_anim_claps:

Bumper looks good. Spring bushings can be a pain, but I used a piece of large all-thread as a puller and it worked. Others burn the old one out.

Little by little you are getting it sorted. :nabble_anim_claps:

Bumper looks good. Spring bushings can be a pain, but I used a piece of large all-thread as a puller and it worked. Others burn the old one out.

Hmm. Sounds like a pain!... maybe a cheap job to get done at a shop?