Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Nice job on the mat.

I added 2 strips of peel & seal you get at the big box hardware stores to the inside of each door.

I don't know what they were like before this but I like the way the doors sound when you close them.

I did not add boom box to the door speakers but they don't sound to bad with just the P&S.

I did not add to the outer part of the door as I seen posted it could hold the door panel out.

I also did not add it anywhere else, it is a truck so it needs a little road noise LOL

I think once I get a carpet installed it will be pretty quiet as it is not too bad now.

Dave ----

So I have 2 things to report.

1. the squealing noise.

I started the engine up this morning at 10am and 42F, the noise kicked in after about 10 mins of idle. I got the watering can, dribbled some water over the intake/valve cover on the passenger side, it hissed and popped as steam went away. And the noise went. I drove around for an hour and it did not come back. I do not think this is magically cured, just reporting back! Let's see what tomorrow brings.

2. Audio upgrade.

I went to town on the deadening material.. pics to come tomorrow with a post about it all. All I can say is my hands are sore and I ordered more deadening material :)

Thanks for all the input, always appreciated!

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have 2 things to report.

1. the squealing noise.

I started the engine up this morning at 10am and 42F, the noise kicked in after about 10 mins of idle. I got the watering can, dribbled some water over the intake/valve cover on the passenger side, it hissed and popped as steam went away. And the noise went. I drove around for an hour and it did not come back. I do not think this is magically cured, just reporting back! Let's see what tomorrow brings.

2. Audio upgrade.

I went to town on the deadening material.. pics to come tomorrow with a post about it all. All I can say is my hands are sore and I ordered more deadening material :)

Thanks for all the input, always appreciated!

I hate problems that go away mysteriously. They always come back - the same way.

Anyway, you are going to be so pleased when you get the sound deadening in. Makes a huge difference.

I hate problems that go away mysteriously. They always come back - the same way.

Anyway, you are going to be so pleased when you get the sound deadening in. Makes a huge difference.

No advancement on the noise, it is so windy here today I can hardly hear myself think!

On the plus side, the stereo install and sound deadening are a huge hit! Espy actually drives better now! Sound deadening is magical.

I am going to switch the 6x9 speakers in the back for 6x8 and try and find stock grills, then this upgrade is done. Pics in a mo when I find my phone.

I have another 36sqft of deadening material to install in the bed and in the truck doors.. i need longer weekends!

No advancement on the noise, it is so windy here today I can hardly hear myself think!

On the plus side, the stereo install and sound deadening are a huge hit! Espy actually drives better now! Sound deadening is magical.

I am going to switch the 6x9 speakers in the back for 6x8 and try and find stock grills, then this upgrade is done. Pics in a mo when I find my phone.

I have another 36sqft of deadening material to install in the bed and in the truck doors.. i need longer weekends!

Pics!B2138567-5E6B-4B7E-8600-107399AF633E.jpeg.c7c554fb90b1cd9075cc8bbc4b856275.jpeg

3683F4D1-34E6-4C3E-8CD2-3C1FBD4DFFC9.jpeg.008b0182fad79c1bbaf19e6d34119013.jpeg

F1DA1021-7065-48EF-922B-16CCBBC56F75.jpeg.811794c513e4376e20c0feb42e73dbac.jpeg

642FA5B0-B7D2-4C69-BF12-1494EB8AB22D.jpeg.bff6f3e7351252871cabd71172306ce6.jpeg

Wow! Looks GOOD! And more sound deadener to come? Cool!

Yes, it is amazing how much better things drive when all of the noises are eliminated. I've noticed that many times. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, the weather is not cooperating today. It was nice and sunny all day while I was working and now it has got cold and overcast.. grrrr...

I did pull the spare tire holder off and I am going to paint it black, I was never happy with the silver and I have a couple of cans of rustoleum satin black. A change is as good as a rest, right?

At least the rest of this week is supposed to be nice and I can be outside trying to trouble shoot that stupid noise.

I wonder if it is related to the air diverter not working properly. I read in the EVTM that if no vacuum is present the system defaults to defrost. Now, my controls are sliding nicely, I can hear vacuum noises as I slide it around, but the air is not really moving. I can get strong air from he dash vents, but the floor is weak and the defrost non existent. If anyone has any tips about where to start looking :)

Well, the weather is not cooperating today. It was nice and sunny all day while I was working and now it has got cold and overcast.. grrrr...

I did pull the spare tire holder off and I am going to paint it black, I was never happy with the silver and I have a couple of cans of rustoleum satin black. A change is as good as a rest, right?

At least the rest of this week is supposed to be nice and I can be outside trying to trouble shoot that stupid noise.

I wonder if it is related to the air diverter not working properly. I read in the EVTM that if no vacuum is present the system defaults to defrost. Now, my controls are sliding nicely, I can hear vacuum noises as I slide it around, but the air is not really moving. I can get strong air from he dash vents, but the floor is weak and the defrost non existent. If anyone has any tips about where to start looking :)

The HVAC system can make some odd noises. I've heard buzzing and hissing, for sure. You might want to pull the vacuum line going into the cab and plug it to see if the noise goes away. The line probably comes off of the plastic manifold on the firewall and to the passenger's side where it hits a check valve and tee. One side of the tee goes to a reservoir, and the other into the cab.

Be careful as some of those lines are brittle and snap easily. But if you pull the line off of the check valve and plug the line you should be ok.

The HVAC system can make some odd noises. I've heard buzzing and hissing, for sure. You might want to pull the vacuum line going into the cab and plug it to see if the noise goes away. The line probably comes off of the plastic manifold on the firewall and to the passenger's side where it hits a check valve and tee. One side of the tee goes to a reservoir, and the other into the cab.

Be careful as some of those lines are brittle and snap easily. But if you pull the line off of the check valve and plug the line you should be ok.

I do prefer the black on the spare carrier! Needs a bit of clean....

Espy_no_tire.jpg.6e096b4ae0a2d5c66eb20bd520404f34.jpg

Espy_with_tire.jpg.5cd419427119eaab1567a583a984bcc7.jpg

Looks good! :nabble_anim_claps:

I managed to do something serious done, not just play time...

I got all the bushings on the front anti-sway bar switched out. Removing that old rubber was a pain, lots of drilling... i need a shop press!

I did the bar and link bushings, here is a pic of the links.

Next up will be the rear bar tomorrow and maybe the control arms up front too... time is not on my side though..

74D7326B-5040-48FC-BE73-494A3A6397DE.jpeg.feb5557df9920772b8317b57063ddf50.jpeg

A917F8BB-2DC7-43BC-AEF8-6B83665394AA.jpeg.7449662eb85e7046b33fd3f6ea2e198d.jpeg

And just for fun, a clean rear end!

AEE0165F-402C-44C4-95A7-EBF5BB9FFC5B.jpeg.f9c2601611312033a6c1220162506439.jpeg