Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Summer is here and the top is off Espy.

I cleaned up some of the bodywork with a synthetic clay bar and applied a ceramic waxing product. I was helping a friend house hunt this weekend and we got stopped a ton for people to talk about Espy!

She is running pretty rich, I have not put the fuel regulator in yet, but I just ordered up the jet and rod kit for the Edelbrock 1406 and hopefully this week I can take care of both of those.

Still hunting for a friend locally with a shop press so I can tend to the rear axle.

In the mean time, here is a shot of last night outside the ice cream parlor.

The dog looks happy! :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer is here and the top is off Espy.

I cleaned up some of the bodywork with a synthetic clay bar and applied a ceramic waxing product. I was helping a friend house hunt this weekend and we got stopped a ton for people to talk about Espy!

She is running pretty rich, I have not put the fuel regulator in yet, but I just ordered up the jet and rod kit for the Edelbrock 1406 and hopefully this week I can take care of both of those.

Still hunting for a friend locally with a shop press so I can tend to the rear axle.

In the mean time, here is a shot of last night outside the ice cream parlor.

Wow! Espy looks good! (And David is right, the dog looks happy.). 👍

How much are you going to lean the Eddy up? Just rods or both rods and jets?

Wow! Espy looks good! (And David is right, the dog looks happy.). 👍

How much are you going to lean the Eddy up? Just rods or both rods and jets?

Yeah, He loves riding in the back there, he may have got some ice cream too :)

I need to reset the lean idle which is a pain!. I was looking at the calibration charts, I am at 3850ft so will lean off by changing rods and jets from stock to:

Jets: #1426 (.095")

Rods: 1456 (.073" x .047")

Should be an easy change apparently...

Yeah, He loves riding in the back there, he may have got some ice cream too :)

I need to reset the lean idle which is a pain!. I was looking at the calibration charts, I am at 3850ft so will lean off by changing rods and jets from stock to:

Jets: #1426 (.095")

Rods: 1456 (.073" x .047")

Should be an easy change apparently...

Yep, that should do it nicely. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Yep, that should do it nicely. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bloody rain! Luckily the trailer is outside ready for a trip, so Espy has primo parking for a week to dry off. Maybe i should this opportunity to get underneath her and do some work!

Argh! Stupid iphone rotation!!!

23326EE9-C0C9-4CFD-8C6F-35520D6A6443.jpeg.054964b1a5dd294578df44b0537fab50.jpeg

Whatever you did worked. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the rain, it is supposed to start here tonight and continue off and on through Saturday night if not Sunday. And Ray Cecil is to come over on Friday to work on his MiL's car. We shall see.....

Good luck! Weather can be a pain! As can spark plug leads..

Decided to install the new ford 9mm for the 460 i miss ordered. A little spaghetti going on! I tried Steve’s advice on shortening them. It works, but my god i tried on and walked away! That is a job for a another day!!!

DD8A2D9F-A265-486C-A1C5-80CEF4652157.jpeg.257ff4f3ba99a39ccb75f0cc42667f27.jpeg

Good luck! Weather can be a pain! As can spark plug leads..

Decided to install the new ford 9mm for the 460 i miss ordered. A little spaghetti going on! I tried Steve’s advice on shortening them. It works, but my god i tried on and walked away! That is a job for a another day!!!

For the last several days we've been under an extreme heat advisory. We are now under a flash flood watch. Working outside looks to be no fun at all.

But, you are having fun, fun, fun with no T-Bird to take away! Those wires are just a bit to BIG! That's going to take some WORK and patience. :nabble_smiley_scared:

For the last several days we've been under an extreme heat advisory. We are now under a flash flood watch. Working outside looks to be no fun at all.

But, you are having fun, fun, fun with no T-Bird to take away! Those wires are just a bit to BIG! That's going to take some WORK and patience. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Stay safe with all that water....

Yes, when I get back, it will be one cable a day! It takes some oomph to shorten them...