Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking how much work do I still to do on the Espy... :nabble_smiley_oh_no: The answer is .... a boat load!

Although I am trying to keep a list of priorities, I think my list is incomplete.. But to make myself feel better I have redone my "To-do" list to include what I have completed so as I complete stuff I can move it down the list and keep track of what I have done.

So as best as I can tell the list looks like:

Short term (1-4 weeks)

Neutral safety switch

Radiator (Sprectra Premium CU560)

Vacuum hoses all need to be replaced so they are all blue 😎

Alternator cable needs to be replaced

Ground strap from battery needs to be replaced

Paint remaining interior trim (I have a whole new F150 grey interior from the JY)

Prep rust on body work

New seals for the removable top

Medium term (4-6 weeks)

Blue top steering box (out of stock!)

Driver seat rebuild (needs a pro)

Tachometer

Shift indicator needs replacing

Map lights

Wire up KC daylighters

Sound deadening

transfer case shifter boot and trim

Map pockets on doors

Long term (who knows!)

Paint body work

Body mounts

Anti roll bar bushings

AC (missing some components)

Dash pad replacement

Rear bumper (JY one did not work out)

Rear axle seals

transfer case shifter boot

Completed

Installed Stainless steel braided Brake lines and flushed the system.

Replaced brake booster

Replaced rear brake slaves

Center Console and glove box locks replaced

Driver side power lock actuator replaced

Windshield leak fixed

Re-align steering wheel, 3 times…

Custom plates

New headliner

Replace power window switches and bezels

Replace power mirror switches

Replace power lock switches and bezels

New Alpine BT149 stereo

New speakers (Infinity Refernce) and wires

Painted dash needles

Fixed idiot light films on dash

Replace power steering return hose

Replace headlights

Replace side marker lenses and bulbs

Replace rear light clusters and bulbs

Remove all old extra lights and wiring

Replace all 6 shocks with KYB Gas-A-Just

Replace window wiper arms and blades

Installed all new weather stripping

Replace vacuum modulator for transmission

Installed center console

Replace battery terminal clamps

Installed new Edelbrock valve covers with new gaskets

Re-installed Edlebrock performer intake manifold with new gaskets

Installed new Edlecbrock 1406 carb and a new air filter

Installed HEI dizzy/ignition

Installed new steering column top assembly

Installed Borg intermediate steering shaft

Installed factory grill

New steering wheel

Carburetor adjustment to lean idle

Drilled out tire swing arm bolts. 2 were rusted in

Paint/mount tire swing arm

New wheels (Ford 10 hole 15x8)

New tires (Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 31x10.5x15)

New rear brake shoes and springs (front were already brand new)

Installed washer jets

Replaced washer bottle/coolant overflow

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff I have done and some stuff that I know needs to be done..

The new spare wheel should be delivered this weekend then I can get a new tire on that.

It won't be long before the top has to go back on and that means I will need to get a bunch of stuff done ready for winter!

Yes, you've made good progress! :nabble_anim_claps:

I really like keeping track as it is so easy to think nothing is getting done when it really is. Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you've made good progress! :nabble_anim_claps:

I really like keeping track as it is so easy to think nothing is getting done when it really is. Well done!

Only a small update. I ordered the seals for the top, they should arrive next week before the rain does!

The radiator (CU560) and a new cap has arrived and is sat in the garage.

The NSS is the wrong one. It is a 4 wire, Espy has a 2 wire, so really just a back up light switch.... need to work out what the part number is, if anyone knows please let me know.

And today, the spare wheel and tire got an upgrade. Need a nice cover on there for the winter I think...

3870FCB6-8AE5-4E9D-A081-57CEB7F56B27.thumb.jpeg.3945fa41e831bd1ac4e62315b6a44f5f.jpeg

Only a small update. I ordered the seals for the top, they should arrive next week before the rain does!

The NSS is the wrong one. It is a 4 wire, Espy has a 2 wire, so really just a back up light switch.... need to work out what the part number is, if anyone knows please let me know.

And today, the spare wheel and tire got an upgrade. Need a nice cover on there for the winter I think...

Ooooh, that spare tire and wheel look great! Excellent upgrade. But, they do need covered.

As for the NSS, see if this new page helps: Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions/Neutral Start Switch.

What a project! Glad you were able to document the progress! I am in a similar project on an '85. Thanks for the motivation!!!

Ooooh, that spare tire and wheel look great! Excellent upgrade. But, they do need covered.

As for the NSS, see if this new page helps: Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions/Neutral Start Switch.

Thanks Gary. I am going to pull the old one out and take a good look at it. I am certain it only has 2 wires but otherwise looks identical to the first one on that list....

What a project! Glad you were able to document the progress! I am in a similar project on an '85. Thanks for the motivation!!!

Ferdinand - Are you going to start a project thread too? It is a great idea. It has helped me keep track of what I am doing and is a great way to get help from the rest of the people here :)

Ferdinand - Are you going to start a project thread too? It is a great idea. It has helped me keep track of what I am doing and is a great way to get help from the rest of the people here :)

Good call Gsmblue. I will try to sort through what I have thus far and try to put something together. I sure would love the feedback and input along the way!! It is a journey for sure, but then again that is what it is all about!

IMG_1640.jpg.e8225d93d92d5078b4e0c4cbc30327f3.jpg

Could not resist this cover!4ABC07CD-A8E3-452D-9F4A-B81E0D147E7B.jpeg.6a9a21b05f8fe482949a278de0c0fbb1.jpeg