Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

Lots done today. Well, many hours spent getting stuff done..

Thanks to the EVTM link from Gary the clock, dome lights, courtesy lights, under hood light are all working. Just thr map lights and glove box lights want to stay dark...

Installed the new stereo. New wires to all speakers. Soldered at the speakers, crimps at the stereo

New headliner turned out way netter than i thought! Bery happy!

All painted trim put back in. I still need to do thr the rear passanger panels, prob paint those tonight.

Hmm. Thought i got more done... the impact is huge I guess..

Here are the pics to prove all the work from this week. Lets see how wonky they are from my iphone

Looks good! That headliner is different, and I think I like it. And, I see how you mounted the speakers.

So, how does it sound?

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good! That headliner is different, and I think I like it. And, I see how you mounted the speakers.

So, how does it sound?

The diamond vinyl looks really good in person, not to all tastes clearly!

I haven’t done any sound deadening yet, i can’t find my roller! But it sounds just dandy! No complaints at all. I can hear it when doing 55mph at 3200rpm!

Time to review the master list and work out what to do next, off the top of my head:

Map lights

Driver seat cushions need real tlc

Paint remaining interior trim

Sound deadening

Rh power window bezel

Tachometer

So, how does it sound?

It is coming back to me. I also got done:

Stainless steel braided Brake lines and flushed the system.

Center Console and glove box locks replaced and use the same key

Driver side power lock actuator replaced (that was fun!)

Windshield leak fixed with that goo Gary recomended!

And i think we are up to date!

It is coming back to me. I also got done:

Stainless steel braided Brake lines and flushed the system.

Center Console and glove box locks replaced and use the same key

Driver side power lock actuator replaced (that was fun!)

Windshield leak fixed with that goo Gary recomended!

And i think we are up to date!

Can you tell the difference with the new brake lines? I've read that they make the pedal feel firmer.

Did the goo do the trick on the windshield?

As for the door lock actuator, aren't they so much fun to get in and out? :nabble_smiley_uh:

And, what are you going to use for sound deadening?

Can you tell the difference with the new brake lines? I've read that they make the pedal feel firmer.

Did the goo do the trick on the windshield?

As for the door lock actuator, aren't they so much fun to get in and out? :nabble_smiley_uh:

And, what are you going to use for sound deadening?

Yes, the brakes feel so much better with the braided hoses. I noticed the same on Eunice. Mind you, in both cases the rubber hoses were toast. The brake fluid flush would have helped too.

I have not pulled the wheels and looked at bearings/brakes... I should add that to the list...

The goo appears to have worked. I was driving in the rain without the a-pillar cover and saw no drips.. need to do the same to Eunice..

Actuator was a right shit.

Nioco or something.l. A generic from amazon. Got a box box that weighs a fair amount, need to work out where best to use it. Doors and bed probably.

A problem for the future!

Yes, the brakes feel so much better with the braided hoses. I noticed the same on Eunice. Mind you, in both cases the rubber hoses were toast. The brake fluid flush would have helped too.

I have not pulled the wheels and looked at bearings/brakes... I should add that to the list...

The goo appears to have worked. I was driving in the rain without the a-pillar cover and saw no drips.. need to do the same to Eunice..

Actuator was a right shit.

Nioco or something.l. A generic from amazon. Got a box box that weighs a fair amount, need to work out where best to use it. Doors and bed probably.

A problem for the future!

The sound deadener works by adding mass to the panel, thereby lowering the frequency where it vibrates. But panels don't vibrate right on their edges where they are reinforced, so the best use of the material is the center part of a panel. As for which panels, the floor, inside of the outer door panels, roof, and back panel (on a pickup) are prime candidates.

The sound deadener works by adding mass to the panel, thereby lowering the frequency where it vibrates. But panels don't vibrate right on their edges where they are reinforced, so the best use of the material is the center part of a panel. As for which panels, the floor, inside of the outer door panels, roof, and back panel (on a pickup) are prime candidates.

Indeed, I just need to clean the panels up and find that bloody roller!! Prob won't happen until next week. Espy is running good and I really need to take care of the drivers seat. It is pretty shocking...

Indeed, I just need to clean the panels up and find that bloody roller!! Prob won't happen until next week. Espy is running good and I really need to take care of the drivers seat. It is pretty shocking...

Here is the consolidated to-do list. I probably will not get to most of this for a while as we are going camping at the weekend and then I have to run wires through my addition to save money on electrical install costs!!!

I think my time windows are way too optimistic, but this thread will sure keep me honest.

Short term (1-4 weeks)

Re-align steering wheel, I put it on a little wonky!

Driver seat rebuild

Rear bumper install (got one at JY for $70)

Vacuum hoses all need to be replaced

Carburetor adjustment to lean off

Alternator cable needs to be replaced

Ground strap from battery needs to be replaced

Paint remaining interior trim (I have some spares from JY)

Rh power window bezel

Custom plates should arrive soon!

Medium term (4-6 weeks)

Blue top steering box

Tachometer

Map lights

Wire up KC daylighters

Sound deadening

Map pockets on doors

Drill out tire swing arm bolts. 2 are in there bad.

Paint/mount Tire swing mount

Rear axle seals are suspect. I just degunked and pressure washed it all down to get a better look.

Long term (who knows!)

Wheels/tires

Paint body work

Body mounts

Anti roll bar bushings

Radiator

AC (missing some components)

Dash Pad replacement

Brake rebuild. I don't like the pedal feel, but they work well.

Here is the consolidated to-do list. I probably will not get to most of this for a while as we are going camping at the weekend and then I have to run wires through my addition to save money on electrical install costs!!!

I think my time windows are way too optimistic, but this thread will sure keep me honest.

Short term (1-4 weeks)

Re-align steering wheel, I put it on a little wonky!

Driver seat rebuild

Rear bumper install (got one at JY for $70)

Vacuum hoses all need to be replaced

Carburetor adjustment to lean off

Alternator cable needs to be replaced

Ground strap from battery needs to be replaced

Paint remaining interior trim (I have some spares from JY)

Rh power window bezel

Custom plates should arrive soon!

Medium term (4-6 weeks)

Blue top steering box

Tachometer

Map lights

Wire up KC daylighters

Sound deadening

Map pockets on doors

Drill out tire swing arm bolts. 2 are in there bad.

Paint/mount Tire swing mount

Rear axle seals are suspect. I just degunked and pressure washed it all down to get a better look.

Long term (who knows!)

Wheels/tires

Paint body work

Body mounts

Anti roll bar bushings

Radiator

AC (missing some components)

Dash Pad replacement

Brake rebuild. I don't like the pedal feel, but they work well.

That's quite a list. I like to have lists as well since it lets me see the progress I've made as well as gets/keeps me focused. But, I'm using a combination of Evernote and OneNote to do my to-do lists as that gives me check boxes with which I can keep track of my progress. It is so satisfying to check things off. :nabble_anim_jump:

That's quite a list. I like to have lists as well since it lets me see the progress I've made as well as gets/keeps me focused. But, I'm using a combination of Evernote and OneNote to do my to-do lists as that gives me check boxes with which I can keep track of my progress. It is so satisfying to check things off. :nabble_anim_jump:

I used to use both of those. But now I am back to long old school lists..

New problem: seats.

Now, I have done some reading and not really found what I need.

The seats are high backs that recline and have 2 arm rests each.

The passenger seat is in usable condition.

The driver side is a disaster. I have pulled it apart and found:

1. that the foam seat cushion is molded around the frame.

2. The frame has cracked on the underside at what appears to be 2 factory weld points.

So my questions are:

1. Is is possible to replace the foam? Do I just Peel it off the frame and stick in the spare good cushion I have?

2. Is it worth welding the seat frame?

3. Where is it possible to find like replacements?

I can post pics later when I get home.