Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

That's gonna be beautiful! And it is July 10th, right? Not October 7th? (Not sure who's convention you are using. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Lol!

I was just fighting this issue in excel… pesky Europeans!

But this is definitely July 10th.

The week of July 4th I have as vacation, the plan is to finally get the front end rebuilt and sound deaden the rest of the interior, basically the flooring. The seats will be out anyway so may as well pull the carpet up.

As I have all week, I will see what else I can afford to do. I would love to get the rear springs and rear axle seals done if I have the available funds, been an expensive year around here though..

Lol!

I was just fighting this issue in excel… pesky Europeans!

But this is definitely July 10th.

The week of July 4th I have as vacation, the plan is to finally get the front end rebuilt and sound deaden the rest of the interior, basically the flooring. The seats will be out anyway so may as well pull the carpet up.

As I have all week, I will see what else I can afford to do. I would love to get the rear springs and rear axle seals done if I have the available funds, been an expensive year around here though..

I think the Europeans have it right and we have it wrong. Day/month/year makes more sense than month/day/year. But I just wanted to remind you that I remember your heritage. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Good luck on the week's work. Should go well and I'll bet you'll be pleased with the sound deadening.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Europeans have it right and we have it wrong. Day/month/year makes more sense than month/day/year. But I just wanted to remind you that I remember your heritage. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Good luck on the week's work. Should go well and I'll bet you'll be pleased with the sound deadening.

Finally got the fender flares on. Looks much better in person.

Gave Espy a quick wash down and wax too. Need to paint the doors and tailgate still.

I dialed the eddy 1406 carb back to stock so i can take another stab at tuning it..

IMG_6498.jpeg.c89078685094153aba7ce5cf7de08668.jpeg

Getting close to the front end rebuild. I have a week off coming up!

Finally got the fender flares on. Looks much better in person.

Gave Espy a quick wash down and wax too. Need to paint the doors and tailgate still.

I dialed the eddy 1406 carb back to stock so i can take another stab at tuning it..

Getting close to the front end rebuild. I have a week off coming up!

Looks great! Espy is a doll! :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks great! Espy is a doll! :nabble_smiley_good:

Passenger side partly stripped down. Borrowing a pickle bar from a friend later.

Spindle is pitted where the bearing seats, should replace? I see graveyard have them for $125 each …. Ouch…

IMG_6589.thumb.jpeg.68c0ce6e044648db468462bcbf08ab55.jpeg

Spindle:

IMG_6590.thumb.jpeg.27882a47c5feb14a634f3bbb15cd3d60.jpeg

Passenger side partly stripped down. Borrowing a pickle bar from a friend later.

Spindle is pitted where the bearing seats, should replace? I see graveyard have them for $125 each …. Ouch…

Spindle:

Which one of your fleet is it?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Still talking about Espy?

Lol! This is indeed Espy.

Any recommendations for a place to get spindles? Summit was very expensive

Spindles are never cheap, especially if you want OEM quality Dana/Spicer product.

I've found that JBG has the best prices and prompt shipping. (when I've needed driveline components)

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Dana-44-Spindles-Lockouts/products/1091/

I haven't gone hunting for better prices. I'm just a satisfied customer.

Spindles are never cheap, especially if you want OEM quality Dana/Spicer product.

I've found that JBG has the best prices and prompt shipping. (when I've needed driveline components)

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Dana-44-Spindles-Lockouts/products/1091/

I haven't gone hunting for better prices. I'm just a satisfied customer.

Thanks, I ended up ordering from JBG last night for the same reasons, just been happy with their service and quality.

But now this project gets pushed out a week 😫

Thanks, I ended up ordering from JBG last night for the same reasons, just been happy with their service and quality.

But now this project gets pushed out a week 😫

So while I am waiting for the spindles to arrive a couple of things have happened.

1. I dropped the seats and the cloth off to the upholstery guy today. Should get them back sometime next week

2. I installed a new amplifier for the stereo. I went from the Infinity Reference series to the Infinity Kappa series so they now match the Kappa speakers. The amplifier is smaller and sounds much cleaner. It is fused at the same 2x30A. I used an oscilloscope to match the output of the stereo to the amp and all that good stuff.

3. cleaned up the grounding for the amplifier.

I need to get a ball joint press tool, can't believe it is $90 from Horrible Fright!!

No idea when the spindles will arrive so may start pulling the carpet out so I can put some sound deadening down.

Really want to get this done over the next week, but it is gonna be HOT!!