Bullnose Forums

Question about parts compatibility

A guy near me is trying to get rid of a 19 gallon gas tank with straps and everything, and also a rear crossmember. The trouble is, the truck is (I think) a 76 f100, whereas mine is an 83 f150. Does anyone know if the parts are compatible, or would I need to fab something up to make it work?

TIA

All of our tanks have E0, meaning 1980, or later prefixes on their part numbers. But a 1976 will have a 1970's prefix. In other words, they have different part numbers. And that means there's something different about them. What that is I don't know. But I doubt they are compatible.

All of our tanks have E0, meaning 1980, or later prefixes on their part numbers. But a 1976 will have a 1970's prefix. In other words, they have different part numbers. And that means there's something different about them. What that is I don't know. But I doubt they are compatible.

You could probably compare dimensions on a manufacturers website (like Spectra)

But the frame changed quite a bit from the dent side trucks.

Edit: F1B and F1C appear to have similar dimensions.

I do not know if the filler neck or sender bungs are the same.

Screenshot_2020-11-15-02-38-27.png.102cabcfdd6d48638d1b95cd97d8d9c4.png

Screenshot_2020-11-15-02-38-53.png.f8955c994915ce17d5cf4986a1042e02.png

You could probably compare dimensions on a manufacturers website (like Spectra)

But the frame changed quite a bit from the dent side trucks.

Edit: F1B and F1C appear to have similar dimensions.

I do not know if the filler neck or sender bungs are the same.

Bare this in mind as well. If this is a tank from a 76 truck, you need to take into consideration the fuel sending unit. Weather it works or not, would really need to be changed. There is a man that lives down the street from me that has a 88 and a 76 monster truck. i put my old gas tank in the back of Brutus and brought it and looked at the 2 tanks. i walked under the 76 and i really dont think it will work, there are to many visable differences between the 2.