Bullnose Forums

New Guy here, anyone seen my paddle

Won't you have to be pretty fast to measure the switch's resistance/continuity with the engine running if it is bad? I'd think pulling the jumper would tell the tale. If the engine dies the switch is bad.

I don't understand.

You jump out the switch by unplugging it and sticking a paperclip in there.

****Start the truck.

Then the switch contacts are exposed.

Just put the meter on and it shouldn't be 'open'

Won't you have to be pretty fast to measure the switch's resistance/continuity with the engine running if it is bad? I'd think pulling the jumper would tell the tale. If the engine dies the switch is bad.

I don't understand.

****Start the truck.

I thought you said to test it with the engine running. I think it must be bad, so the engine won't run very long w/o the jumper. As soon as the jumper is pulled the pump quits and the carb runs dry.

Yes, you could pull the switch, but he's so close to finding out. Jumper it and see if the engine runs. Pull the jumper and if it dies the switch is bad.

I don't understand.

****Start the truck.

Another thing to keep in mind, this isn't the 'U' (E-series) EVTM so I'm not certain how this compares to what things really look like. 💡

I thought you said to test it with the engine running. I think it must be bad, so the engine won't run very long w/o the jumper. As soon as the jumper is pulled the pump quits and the carb runs dry.

Yes, you could pull the switch, but he's so close to finding out. Jumper it and see if the engine runs. Pull the jumper and if it dies the switch is bad.

Gary, look at the test procedure.

You're supposed to unplug the switch and jump the socket

The switch is still installed and you can test it to see it closes when the truck is running.

The switch is still installed and you can test it to see it closes.

:nabble_smiley_blush: Now THAT makes sense! I was jumpering the switch w/o unplugging it. In fact, I have a jumper wire with a pushbutton switch laying on the bench to do just that.

But pulling the connector and jumpering that way would be better.

Ok, I'll go back to drinking my coffee. Haven't finished the first cup, and that's my excuse.

The switch is still installed and you can test it to see it closes.

:nabble_smiley_blush: Now THAT makes sense! I was jumpering the switch w/o unplugging it. In fact, I have a jumper wire with a pushbutton switch laying on the bench to do just that.

But pulling the connector and jumpering that way would be better.

Ok, I'll go back to drinking my coffee. Haven't finished the first cup, and that's my excuse.

unnamed.jpg.f72a1290218bba383f6b2fb3554d1cab.jpg

I couldn't be happier with the help I got here and the results that followed, you guys are genius! Thank you so much for taking the time, and having the patients to deal with my kindergarten questions. I've learned so much. The only thing that could have been better for me is if I could have gotten those wiring schematics in wonderful colorfull Crayola.🤣 Haha

After putting the pumps in yesterday, I was overthinking things, I immediately started looking for something else that was wrong (solenoid, fuel cutout switch) the only thing that was wrong is that I didn't just put the key in the ignition, and turn it. After reading through post this morning I decided today I was just put it back as it's supposed to be, and try to start it..

It fired right up, and it runs soooo good, so smooth. No more hesetstion, the sound of those 4 barrels fully fueled merging on the freeway . Whoo weee! I had to hit the brakes on the on ramp. Again thank you, I am truly greatful.

I couldn't be happier with the help I got here and the results that followed, you guys are genius! Thank you so much for taking the time, and having the patients to deal with my kindergarten questions. I've learned so much. The only thing that could have been better for me is if I could have gotten those wiring schematics in wonderful colorfull Crayola.🤣 Haha

After putting the pumps in yesterday, I was overthinking things, I immediately started looking for something else that was wrong (solenoid, fuel cutout switch) the only thing that was wrong is that I didn't just put the key in the ignition, and turn it. After reading through post this morning I decided today I was just put it back as it's supposed to be, and try to start it..

It fired right up, and it runs soooo good, so smooth. No more hesetstion, the sound of those 4 barrels fully fueled merging on the freeway . Whoo weee! I had to hit the brakes on the on ramp. Again thank you, I am truly greatful.

That's great! :nabble_anim_jump:

Always good to find out nothing needs replacing (except that fuselink)

I'm sorry if I was a bit confused.

I don't know all the differences between vans and pickups, but I know they are there.

Congratulations! :nabble_anim_handshake:

You did it all yourself.

Your thing of beauty will now empty your wallet as fast as it empties its gas tanks. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

As you see by my Sig, I'm not laughing at you, I'm crying with you...

I love that graphic! And, the feeling that comes with it! Congrat's!!!!

And I agree with Jim, I'm not laughing at you. I got 11 MPG with Big Blue yesterday.