Bullnose Forums

New Guy here, anyone seen my paddle

Found this on a TSB article. Wouldn't the psi increase for E3TZ-B mean it's the smaller one? I've never looked into these much. Just cleaned/blew mine out and reinstalled.

If previously tested pressure at the carburetor was below 3.5 psi., install one of the following vapor separators to increase the fuel pressure.

E3TZ-9N176-A gives 1.0 psi. increase at the carburetor (RED DOT).

E3TZ-9N176-B gives 2.0 psi. increase at the carburetor (BLUE DOT).

If the fuel pressure at the carburetor was too high or the concern still exists, replace the vapor separator with vapor separator E0TZ-9N176-B.

If the pressure is still incorrect, check the fuel return line for blockage. If the return line is clear, it will be necessary to replace the pump/sender assembly.

After service is completed, recheck pressure at the carburetor to confirm correction of the concern

[updated - was confusing myself]

Cool scott!

I hadn't ever seen the numbers associated with the different vapor separators, just knew of the three colors and that white flowed the most in order to circulate more fuel.

But it makes total sense that the more restrictive ones would be used to boost pressure to the float valve.

Thank you for that! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Cool scott!

I hadn't ever seen the numbers associated with the different vapor separators, just knew of the three colors and that white flowed the most in order to circulate more fuel.

But it makes total sense that the more restrictive ones would be used to boost pressure to the float valve.

Thank you for that! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Me neither!

For reference (and if Gary wants to pull it into the TSB page :nabble_smiley_beam:) it was from here [link removed - please see the Hot Fuel Handling tab here]

Me neither!

For reference (and if Gary wants to pull it into the TSB page :nabble_smiley_beam:) it was from here

Why not use our own? I have all of the TSB's, just don't have them scanned in. So I scanned this one in and put it on the Hot Fuel Handling tab at Documentation/Fuel Systems/460 Fuel Systems. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Even better! Thanks for adding it.

Even better! Thanks for adding it.

I try not to put things like that from All Data on here since it isn’t legal as you are supposed to pay a fee to get to it. And since I have all the TSB’s why not?

Now I need to go add it to the TSB’s set of pages so, eventually when Google indexes it, people can search and find it here. And I put in key words, like the part numbers, to make it easier to find.

I try not to put things like that from All Data on here since it isn’t legal as you are supposed to pay a fee to get to it. And since I have all the TSB’s why not?

Now I need to go add it to the TSB’s set of pages so, eventually when Google indexes it, people can search and find it here. And I put in key words, like the part numbers, to make it easier to find.

Good to know. I removed my link and referenced the internal page :nabble_smiley_good:

Good to know. I removed my link and referenced the internal page :nabble_smiley_good:

It isn't illegal to link to something that's on the internet. So your link was fine, but what you did is even better. :nabble_smiley_good:

However, for me to post the All Data page isn't kosher. They could demand that it be taken down. So it is safer for us to put copies of the stuff we own out there. Then the only people that could possibly complain is Ford, and they aren't going to do that.

I was able to take a look before you removed the link. And I noticed there were page numbers to some of the other tsb that I'm interested in looking at. I am the new guy and am getting use to navigating the forum. Can you point me in the right direction to find the documentation on fuel system electrical check. That would help a bunch.

Thank you

I was able to take a look before you removed the link. And I noticed there were page numbers to some of the other tsb that I'm interested in looking at. I am the new guy and am getting use to navigating the forum. Can you point me in the right direction to find the documentation on fuel system electrical check. That would help a bunch.

Thank you

Sorry about that. I likely made that whole bit unnecessarily confusing with my edit:nabble_smiley_beam:

If you look at Gary's post where he quoted me you can still click on the original link. You are right - I noticed a few references to other articles and tsb's that would be interesting to read through.

I would jot down the ones you are interested in and check out the TSB section under the Documentation menu at the top of the forum. If they aren't there (or aren't hyperlinked) post them here and Gary might be able to add them.

For most electrical stuff, I head to the EVTM (under Doc > electrical and available for various years). It contains invaluable schematics but also some troubleshooting steps.

If that doesn't address it, that is when the shop manuals come into play. Gary has some of these posted on relevant pages throughout the documentation section.

I would see if the evtm helps but if not, let us know. We can either talk through it or can find/add the doc needed.

Fortunately there isn't a shortage of 460 owners here 😀

Sorry about that. I likely made that whole bit unnecessarily confusing with my edit:nabble_smiley_beam:

If you look at Gary's post where he quoted me you can still click on the original link. You are right - I noticed a few references to other articles and tsb's that would be interesting to read through.

I would jot down the ones you are interested in and check out the TSB section under the Documentation menu at the top of the forum. If they aren't there (or aren't hyperlinked) post them here and Gary might be able to add them.

For most electrical stuff, I head to the EVTM (under Doc > electrical and available for various years). It contains invaluable schematics but also some troubleshooting steps.

If that doesn't address it, that is when the shop manuals come into play. Gary has some of these posted on relevant pages throughout the documentation section.

I would see if the evtm helps but if not, let us know. We can either talk through it or can find/add the doc needed.

Fortunately there isn't a shortage of 460 owners here 😀

Gary - do you happen to have 84-24-14?

I don't see it on the TSB index page.