Bullnose Forums

Saginaw brackets question

Does anyone know if this is what I should be looking for?

https://www.fordsix.com/viewtopic.php?t=80925

Yeah, the 300 six Saginaw bracket is waaaay different all the way around. It isn’t going to do you any good on a Windsor.

The two Windsor brackets from Ford (engine support bracket and pump bracket) should be purchased together, from the same donor if possible. I somehow got lucky and bought a V8 pump bracket that mated with my C2 support bracket. Normally the arc of the adjustment slot will not line up, so there may be 3” arc and 3.25” arc versions out there. You wouldn’t want to end up with one of each. It would also help to get the pulley from the same van and have everything in one shot.

There are quite a few aftermarket Saginaw conversion brackets and whole pump kits available for the 289/302/351 but they are likely more costly than a junkyard take off from an econoline. But that is at least an option for Windsor owners... unlike those of us with the 300 six and IDI’s. We pretty much need to get lucky at the salvage yards.

Yeah, the 300 six Saginaw bracket is waaaay different all the way around. It isn’t going to do you any good on a Windsor.

The two Windsor brackets from Ford (engine support bracket and pump bracket) should be purchased together, from the same donor if possible. I somehow got lucky and bought a V8 pump bracket that mated with my C2 support bracket. Normally the arc of the adjustment slot will not line up, so there may be 3” arc and 3.25” arc versions out there. You wouldn’t want to end up with one of each. It would also help to get the pulley from the same van and have everything in one shot.

There are quite a few aftermarket Saginaw conversion brackets and whole pump kits available for the 289/302/351 but they are likely more costly than a junkyard take off from an econoline. But that is at least an option for Windsor owners... unlike those of us with the 300 six and IDI’s. We pretty much need to get lucky at the salvage yards.

I don't suppose you can point me to one of these 351W Saginaw conversion kits that you are referring to? I wouldn't mind paying a little more for fabricated and reman stuff, but I'm having problems finding anything that's specifically for a V-belt 351W. Everything I'm finding says it for serpentine (like the Desolate one) or only works on 79 and prior MYs.

I don't suppose you can point me to one of these 351W Saginaw conversion kits that you are referring to? I wouldn't mind paying a little more for fabricated and reman stuff, but I'm having problems finding anything that's specifically for a V-belt 351W. Everything I'm finding says it for serpentine (like the Desolate one) or only works on 79 and prior MYs.

I found this site before I found the AC brackets for my truck in my local pick n pull.

https://www.cvfracing.com/

I found this site before I found the AC brackets for my truck in my local pick n pull.

https://www.cvfracing.com/

$100 seems a bit steep for a water-cut piece of stock that's been through the tumbler and a few screws with washers, but what do I know?

Do you know which of the many, many Saginaw variants are used with the CVF bracket?

I looked at this company when I found my van bracketry.

They did not have nearly as much to offer almost a decade ago.

$100 seems a bit steep for a water-cut piece of stock that's been through the tumbler and a few screws with washers, but what do I know?

Do you know which of the many, many Saginaw variants are used with the CVF bracket?

No, don’t really know anything about them. Hoping it might help. Too bad they don’t have as much as they used to.

No, don’t really know anything about them. Hoping it might help. Too bad they don’t have as much as they used to.

Dane, I'm saying that CVF have many more offerings than they used to.

I was fortunate to get my bracketry and pump so complete.

The Sag was a very worthwhile improvement for me.

Dane, I'm saying that CVF have many more offerings than they used to.

I was fortunate to get my bracketry and pump so complete.

The Sag was a very worthwhile improvement for me.

Of course when I read it this morning I get it! :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I think I’ve got the bracket and pulley and a Saginaw core. Supposedly this came off an 84 5.0 E150. There is no tensioner. Is there supposed to be one?

E28599E8-2988-4231-8E1C-0A13450BE8D5.jpeg.514cb93cabe07a3a08c04b65421506c6.jpeg

656D5537-6749-48BE-B7ED-41406558151B.jpeg.9123ac17a253fa86ed4833595fbc6583.jpeg