Bullnose Forums

Inspect Your Drip Rails!

Machspeed

John the ones on my 79 ranchero are perfect, i went take a closer look at Brutus and i do see some small rust down there. do these things come off? does anybody know.

They don't come off non-destructively.

I suppose if you had a jig to hold the pillars in place while you removed the roof from the door jamb you could do that.

Or you might cut them off superficially. But that wouldn't remove the rust in the pinch weld.

I suppose if you had a jig to hold the pillars in place while you removed the roof from the door jamb you could do that.

Or you might cut them off superficially. But that wouldn't remove the rust in the pinch weld.

I'm going to go dig down in there with my wire brush and check it out, from what i can see, it looks like is only surface rust toward the front, everything else looks ok

I have decided the best way to deal with this on my 1980 is to not inspect the drip rails...lol.

I have decided the best way to deal with this on my 1980 is to not inspect the drip rails...lol.

John. In the end, i am grateful you posted this, if you hadn't i probably would have been in for some trouble. I never really paid attention down in there. I did find some rust toward the front, but it was just beginning. I managed to get it all off with the wire wheel, hit it with some primer and will paint it once the primer is dry.

John. In the end, i am grateful you posted this, if you hadn't i probably would have been in for some trouble. I never really paid attention down in there. I did find some rust toward the front, but it was just beginning. I managed to get it all off with the wire wheel, hit it with some primer and will paint it once the primer is dry.

Lay a bead of seam sealant down or you're going to be revisiting it sooner than later.

More than one of us has walked this path.

LOL! Too funny! Likened to, "Wow, what was that pain in my chest. Meh, it will go away!!!"

George, yours may not be as bad as mine, but dig that sealant out, clean up the rust and reseal. Rust never sleeps.

LOL! Too funny! Likened to, "Wow, what was that pain in my chest. Meh, it will go away!!!"

George, yours may not be as bad as mine, but dig that sealant out, clean up the rust and reseal. Rust never sleeps.

Jim what do you recommend?

Jim what do you recommend?

Here's what I'musing: https://www.grainger.com/product/2KUU4?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9LhoOr47AIVEdvACh3X-Q3eEAQYByABEgLsavD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIm9LhoOr47AIVEdvACh3X-Q3eEAQYByABEgLsavD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955915808!!!g!438656176991!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

This is a high end 2K product that requires a special applicator gun. Might be more than you want to spend. As I'm doing my Mustang, this was the only way for me. There are other products out there and while not 2K, are better than what was in there. Look up "Lord Fusion" sealer.

Here's what I'musing: https://www.grainger.com/product/2KUU4?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9LhoOr47AIVEdvACh3X-Q3eEAQYByABEgLsavD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIm9LhoOr47AIVEdvACh3X-Q3eEAQYByABEgLsavD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955915808!!!g!438656176991!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

This is a high end 2K product that requires a special applicator gun. Might be more than you want to spend. As I'm doing my Mustang, this was the only way for me. There are other products out there and while not 2K, are better than what was in there. Look up "Lord Fusion" sealer.

How much is 3M's plural component gun, to apply that stuff?

IIRC Gary borrowed John (the body man's) gun for the panel bonding adhesive used to extend Dad's transmission tunnel.