Bullnose Forums

Inspect Your Drip Rails!

Machspeed

How much is 3M's plural component gun, to apply that stuff?

IIRC Gary borrowed John (the body man's) gun for the panel bonding adhesive used to extend Dad's transmission tunnel.

Jim, I think I gave around $55 for mine off Amazon several years ago. It's gone up in price. It is not the 3M gun though, rather an aftermarket, but one of good quality.

I just did the area under the cowl on my 83. Dug all of the old seam sealant out, sanded and, sprayed rust inhibitor. I resealed with All Around seam sealant and sprayed again with rust inhibitor. After seeing this post, I dug out the drip rails. :nabble_smiley_oh: Oh wow! Big holes. I used what was left of the seam sealant. It rained today and no water up front. Did see a few drips in the back of the cab. Will have to go further with repairs on the rails once the cab is off of the frame before the paint job. That 3M seam sealer may be the way to go. The price doesn't seem to be so high when you consider what is at stake. Thanks for the heads up :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

And that's just the damage you can SEE! http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/money-mouth-face-23x23_orig.png

I had a spot on my passenger side B-pillar rust out because the doubled up rear of the door opening was not caulked at the top.

That may be because my rack hangs beyond the drip rails and more water than usual would fall into the seam.

It was more challenging to fix because you can't get at the back of it.

IMG_20210104_075848.thumb.jpg.63c47ec6457366f4107467dcc448eff6.jpg

IMG_20210104_075841.thumb.jpg.653010c1c4c5c086438e9fb64870b62c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...