Bullnose Forums

Howdy 1986 f150 5.0 efi springtown TX

ColbyDC

Yep. But I also have not only the Documentation/Electrical/Standard Wire & Color Codes document available but also a complete 1985 EVTM that is OCR'd. So I can search for the wire color and find every instance of it.

However, there are lots of uses of orange wires, which is why I asked for the trace color. That will nail it down pretty quickly.

I must've miss read it. I thought it was the o/t but I'm not seeing any tan. It appears to be solid orange. 1604869663960828605912982755678.thumb.jpg.e9743a3413a6463a4e007e42d55b5c21.jpg

Yep. But I also have not only the Documentation/Electrical/Standard Wire & Color Codes document available but also a complete 1985 EVTM that is OCR'd. So I can search for the wire color and find every instance of it.

However, there are lots of uses of orange wires, which is why I asked for the trace color. That will nail it down pretty quickly.

16048699039254920550727279724860.thumb.jpg.69db4e96334dc5e75c26037aa0b2cb9b.jpg

Here's the second wire in question it appears to go to the air charge sensor which I don't think I have.

2010-04-20_174935_A1.jpg.92f10a3231b7b523c7fd4a3609cc324e.jpg

I can also see were the orange wire might go at g711 I just can't seem to find the other end.

Colby, 'G' means ground.

In Ford wiring only black wires should be grounded (unless it's a wire going to a sender, where the ground varies to move the gauge needle.

I was just guessing. It looks like the same wire coming out of the loom in the same spot. Mine is definitely orange though.

I was just guessing. It looks like the same wire coming out of the loom in the same spot. Mine is definitely orange though.

And I wasn't trying to be antagonistic.

I just wanted to explain the 'why' so you can begin to understand how the harness works.

I haven't looked at one of these 5.0's in decades but maybe I can help.

I'm pretty good with wiring. I'm just out of town and don't have any of my books to check.

And I wasn't trying to be antagonistic.

I just wanted to explain the 'why' so you can begin to understand how the harness works.

I haven't looked at one of these 5.0's in decades but maybe I can help.

I'm pretty good with wiring. I'm just out of town and don't have any of my books to check.

I didn't take it that way sir. I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude. I'm not a big fan of text for that very reason lol. It's hard to read people's social cues. What books do you recommend. Might go get a Chilton here soon.

I didn't take it that way sir. I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude. I'm not a big fan of text for that very reason lol. It's hard to read people's social cues. What books do you recommend. Might go get a Chilton here soon.

Not at all Colby! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I try to use the emoticons so at least people know if I'm jesting, shocked, elated or something else.

I would say the factory manuals are the best.

There are fewer mistakes, (not perfect) and they properly deal with procedures (unlike Chilton or Haynes where you'll have a generic chapter on 'ignition timing', for example)

There are a set of three that cover most everything you need.

The Workshop Manual

The Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

And the Master Parts Catalog (where you will find exploded views of everything)

That last one is really helpful if you're more of a visual thinker.

You see these on eBay all the time.

Don't pay a lot of $

You can also get them on optical disc if you have a shop monitor.

I know that HiPo Parts sells them.

Gary has another source he feels is better because they are searchable, so you don't have to know where to find what you want to find.

Yes, welcome! Sorry I'm late to the party.

First, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu). Would you like to be added?

Second, I'm not seeing an orange wire in the EFI wiring diagram. Did you say you are? If so, which wire is it?

And, what is the "trace" color on the wire? Almost all the wires on these trucks have a second color, and knowing that would help me find out what it is.

Sorry Gary I must've jumped youre message. I would love to be added to the map. Springtown TX 76082

I'm trying to determine if the fuel pump works. I brought a battery underneath the truck disconnected the pump and jumped the positive and negative terminal to the positive and negative terminal on the battery. The pump clicks but thats it. I would it expect it to hum trying to pump. Is the click normal? Would ohming the pump tell me if its bad?

Not at all Colby! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I try to use the emoticons so at least people know if I'm jesting, shocked, elated or something else.

I would say the factory manuals are the best.

There are fewer mistakes, (not perfect) and they properly deal with procedures (unlike Chilton or Haynes where you'll have a generic chapter on 'ignition timing', for example)

There are a set of three that cover most everything you need.

The Workshop Manual

The Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

And the Master Parts Catalog (where you will find exploded views of everything)

That last one is really helpful if you're more of a visual thinker.

You see these on eBay all the time.

Don't pay a lot of $

You can also get them on optical disc if you have a shop monitor.

I know that HiPo Parts sells them.

Gary has another source he feels is better because they are searchable, so you don't have to know where to find what you want to find.

I found a CD rom on ebay with all the manuals for $25. Now I just gotta find a computer that still reads cds. Lol