Bullnose Forums

Installing Rear Windows

Gary Lewis

Looks good, what kind of rubber goes on the stationary glass?

I don't know on the earlier windows as mine came out of a 1996. Mine had two thin slivers of rubber seals, and two brush like seals. I cleaned them used a toothbrush on the brush like seals, and they came out like brand new. They are about a foot long on each side, so if you only have one it is just for one side.

There are also horizontal rubber seals top and bottom. They are attached to the aluminum channels. I don't know if they can even be replaced. You could try wiping them down with the rubber restorer product.

IMG_9597_-_Copy.jpg.49aac4751e458e019702b20e009d1fd9.jpg

Looks good, what kind of rubber goes on the stationary glass?

I don't know on the earlier windows as mine came out of a 1996. Mine had two thin slivers of rubber seals, and two brush like seals. I cleaned them used a toothbrush on the brush like seals, and they came out like brand new. They are about a foot long on each side, so if you only have one it is just for one side.

There are also horizontal rubber seals top and bottom. They are attached to the aluminum channels. I don't know if they can even be replaced. You could try wiping them down with the rubber restorer product.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n82763/IMG_9597_-_Copy.jpg

This is from the parts and illustration book, this is before 2/83 which my '82 falls under. The gasket above that I posted which is about 12" long is marked 42052 top right as fitting around 42006 stationary glass. But I dont see how this would fit when its only 12" long.

In the parts section 42052 shows E3TZ-1042052-B is for use on stationary glass states 4 under qty. Then there is a E3TZ-1042052-C which is for use on moveable glass and it states 2 qty.

The horizontal seals you pointed out are 422A20 and for mine E3TZ-10422A20-B is the lower run and E3TZ-10422A36-A is the upper. States that two uppers under qty and 1 lower.

Back_Window.png.b075e9015b745c8fdf8d24b345ec7e4d.png

This is the stationary and moveable glass seals

FPS-8472-B.png.65258d2a46e04b1f16c32604a519ee42.png

This is the glass run that you marked at top and bottom.

FPS-8472-A.png.0fd73514844bc9bd85f8df79650c209a.png

Just wish I knew how the stationary seals fit, cause I hate to stock up on 4 of them when I come across them and I need 8 like wise I hate to stock up on 8 when all I need is 4.

Just wish I knew how the stationary seals fit, cause I hate to stock up on 4 of them when I come across them and I need 8 like wise I hate to stock up on 8 when all I need is 4.

I'll be removing one of the old style SRW's from my 1980 in the coming months and replacing it with the factory slider I pulled out of my 1995 chassis donor truck. If I think of it, I'll take it apart and see what the gaskets and seals arrangement looks like. I don't think it will be worth anything to sell.

I'll be removing one of the old style SRW's from my 1980 in the coming months and replacing it with the factory slider I pulled out of my 1995 chassis donor truck. If I think of it, I'll take it apart and see what the gaskets and seals arrangement looks like. I don't think it will be worth anything to sell.

Sounds good, would help those of us that have a functional original that wants to reseal it with fresh gaskets.

I think they are worth something, but only to the right people. So many people go with those LMC aftermarket sliding rear windows cause they use the GM style clasp instead of the folding plastic clasp that breaks after 5 or so years. Even more people get rid of them and go with a solid single piece glass, the 82 we built at work with the 5.0 coyote he wanted a single piece and had the body shop toss the sliding glass back window.

Sounds good, would help those of us that have a functional original that wants to reseal it with fresh gaskets.

I think they are worth something, but only to the right people. So many people go with those LMC aftermarket sliding rear windows cause they use the GM style clasp instead of the folding plastic clasp that breaks after 5 or so years. Even more people get rid of them and go with a solid single piece glass, the 82 we built at work with the 5.0 coyote he wanted a single piece and had the body shop toss the sliding glass back window.

You don't need to suffer the plastic clasp.

CRL's DVL-2 fits fine and it's all metal with proper hinge pins.