Bullnose Forums

Disc Brake Dust Shield Interchange Information Needed

First I want to thank everyone for any help you can give.

Trucks: 81 F100, 2WD, 4700 GVW,1 has power brakes the other non-power brakes.

Disc brake dust shields between the 2 the same?

What I tried to look up on my parts CD for the last hour and got lost! I don't know how you guys do it?

I think I cam up with main part numbers but not sure.

2K004-RH

2K005-LH

Also found

man. brakes 80/83 - parts list 15 or 16

power brakes 80/83 - parts list 6 (4600 - 4700 GVW)

I don't need to full part numbers just if they are both use the same shields.

I don't want to pull the good ones if they will not fit, waste of time I can use doing something else.

Thanks again

Dave G.

Dave - Why not use the info on this website? It is under Driveline/Brakes. On the Dust Shields tab you'll see a tab for Part #'s, and there you'll see that the manual brakes are -C and the power brakes are -D. In other words, different part numbers. So that probably means they won't interchange.

Dave - Why not use the info on this website? It is under Driveline/Brakes. On the Dust Shields tab you'll see a tab for Part #'s, and there you'll see that the manual brakes are -C and the power brakes are -D. In other words, different part numbers. So that probably means they won't interchange.

Gary, that's a good question, why didn't I use your site :nabble_anim_confused:

Great 1 little letter and they may not fit.

I will look closer at the 2 parts with out pulling the good ones off to see if I can tell where the difference might be.

I am thinking it might be the "off set" as that's why the rotor/hub assy. would not swap over to the other spindles.

Thanks for your help

Dave G.

Gary, that's a good question, why didn't I use your site :nabble_anim_confused:

Great 1 little letter and they may not fit.

I will look closer at the 2 parts with out pulling the good ones off to see if I can tell where the difference might be.

I am thinking it might be the "off set" as that's why the rotor/hub assy. would not swap over to the other spindles.

Thanks for your help

Dave G.

The rotors may be different diameters as well. But there's some difference, and a "1 little letter" difference can mean huge physical differences.

And, I didn't mean to sound as sarcastic as I did when I read what I wrote again. Sorry. But I knew that going down the parts list rabbit hole is frustrating, and that there's a better way.

The rotors may be different diameters as well. But there's some difference, and a "1 little letter" difference can mean huge physical differences.

And, I didn't mean to sound as sarcastic as I did when I read what I wrote again. Sorry. But I knew that going down the parts list rabbit hole is frustrating, and that there's a better way.

One little letter can also mean nothing more than a revision, but usually parts lists will show R/B meaning replaced by.

I never even thought that :nabble_anim_handshake:

I do know the calipers & pads are the same between the 2 trucks.

I also know the offset of the 2 rotor/hubs are different as are the spindles to work with the offset.

I will clean up & paint the shields that I know will work, the rot is not that bad, so if the good ones will not fit I don't have to stop the job.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Dave G.

One little letter can also mean nothing more than a revision, but usually parts lists will show R/B meaning replaced by.

I did not get that far yesterday to look into the 2 parts in question.

It is looking like next weekend till I would be able to check.

I did look over the shields that I know will work, the little bit of rot is not bad so I will hit them with a wire brush and paint them when I paint the other rebuilt parts so I have them ready just in case.

Thanks

Dave G.

I never even thought that :nabble_anim_handshake:

I do know the calipers & pads are the same between the 2 trucks.

I also know the offset of the 2 rotor/hubs are different as are the spindles to work with the offset.

I will clean up & paint the shields that I know will work, the rot is not that bad, so if the good ones will not fit I don't have to stop the job.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Dave G.

Good! Sometimes I get in a sarcastic mood and it shows in my writing. I responded that way to someone else at about the same time. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Anyway, glad the rot isn't to bad and that you have a backup plan.

Good! Sometimes I get in a sarcastic mood and it shows in my writing. I responded that way to someone else at about the same time. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Anyway, glad the rot isn't to bad and that you have a backup plan.

Had to go to the back up plan :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I looked a little closer between the 2 different shields just before I was going to pull the good set off and as I kind of thought it is the off set of the mounts/dish.

The one I need, non-power 5x5 wheel bolt pattern, has a deeper dish than the other, power 5x4.5 wheel bolt pattern.

There was no way I could take pictures with out pulling apart the good set and I did not want to do that.

Maybe I can get a measurement and will check next time out in the garage.

Dave ----

Had to go to the back up plan :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I looked a little closer between the 2 different shields just before I was going to pull the good set off and as I kind of thought it is the off set of the mounts/dish.

The one I need, non-power 5x5 wheel bolt pattern, has a deeper dish than the other, power 5x4.5 wheel bolt pattern.

There was no way I could take pictures with out pulling apart the good set and I did not want to do that.

Maybe I can get a measurement and will check next time out in the garage.

Dave ----

It would be good to document the differences. That way when someone asks in future we'll have the answer.