Bullnose Forums

Rear Window Chrome Trim and Seal

Machspeed

Thanks! Never considered the difference between soap and detergent before beyond not using the former as a 1:1 replacement in a dishwasher :nabble_smiley_beam:

Now that you describe it, I do recall seeing that Gojo before.

Being that both are available locally (it and the personal lubricant), this gives people more options for the install :nabble_smiley_good:

I appreciate you allowing me to geek out.

My sig on FTE was "Pedant". :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Tire mounting lube would be another good choice!

Anyway, I think there are better alternatives to Dawn for lubricating gaskets.

(Ideally a lubricant and not a detergent)

Hey, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't genuinely want to know/learn :nabble_anim_handshake:.

All tho dish soap and tire lube are good choises to lube the locking strip, and they do work well. They do have their side effects as Jim has noted.

I prefure to use a silicone lube spray to put in the locking strip. When it drys it turns into a powder that can be easly washed off with soap and water.

All tho dish soap and tire lube are good choises to lube the locking strip, and they do work well. They do have their side effects as Jim has noted.

I prefure to use a silicone lube spray to put in the locking strip. When it drys it turns into a powder that can be easly washed off with soap and water.

I really like the silicone spray option. Just another reason to keep that handy stuff around.

Out of curiosity, I called Fairchild (just the first link I recognized and clicked on). The rep I spoke to emailed me the installation instructions so am adding the screenshot just for the sake of having it here. Personally I am sold on using something else the next time around.

fairchild.png.86ebf0eb842c9db0757f9c7677acc68b.png

I really like the silicone spray option. Just another reason to keep that handy stuff around.

Out of curiosity, I called Fairchild (just the first link I recognized and clicked on). The rep I spoke to emailed me the installation instructions so am adding the screenshot just for the sake of having it here. Personally I am sold on using something else the next time around.

The only reason I'd avoid silicone of any kind is any future painting.

Spray gets everywhere, and I don't like fighting fisheyes.

I do have a 3M rubber protectant 'creme' in a bottle that I use for lubing window runs and polishing the rubber bits on motorcycles (like intake boots)